Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Any guess why this?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Help' started by phantomi, Sep 17, 2014.

1. phantomi

I have my Vision 2 non plus for about 2 months. No problem at all, but yesterday while flying at 300' the flying turned erratic. There was no wind at home level, but I guess that at 300' there can be some gusts. There is the vid of the moment so if anyone has another guess of what can cause this and have any advice, please let me know. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e50PYdnU ... e=youtu.be

2. Jayson Hanes

looks like turbulence.. not wind gusts, but pockets of unstable air.. very common.

3. phantomi

Thanks. Yes there seems to be that. I have experienced it when travelling by air, so pilots are constantly monitoring them and alter courses to avoid it. Can a turbulence be so bad that put at risk this quads?

4. paulajayne

Wake turbulence can flip a heavy aircraft over - that is why they land at 90 second intervals and IIRC 2.5 min after a heavy a light aircraft can land.

Even though you are clear of building they can produce some strange effects.

5. darwin-t

It looks like it is descending. If so, it could be getting in it's own prop wash. This happens when you are coming straight down or if it is moving in the same direction as the wind.

Otherwise, it looks like it is reacting to gusts of wind.