Any Good Simulator software for Phantom?

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a Phantom, and was wondering if there is a n iOS simulator that I could practice with? I see the iPhone app for controling the Phantom seems to have it, but it needs to connect to a drone. Is there a way to get it without first buying it.

Any 3rd party simulators that would do justice to the task???

*OOps I see you was looking for iOS specific... my suggestions are Windows computer based...*

I've used several (Dave Brown, Real Flight, Phoenix R/C and a few others) and the best bang for the buck is Phoenix R/C. While there are a few good ones most of them cost a good bit, require you to purchase additional aircraft in the future, and/or are a computer resource hog.

Pheonix R/C is affordable, single purchase price (even for future aircraft and upgrades) and you can even run it on slightly older laptops. I flew almost nonstop on a recent van trip from NC down to southern Florida all from my laptop. I couldn't pull that off with Real Flight (which is a good one but . . )

I can't attest to what aircraft are currently available with the package but last time I checked there were several MultiRotors in the pack.

Just save your money and buy the dang thing and use the one that comes with it. It works fine on iOS devices and runs a long time since the props/motors are not working, but all the gear has to be turned on too.

The other simulators don't fly the same, imho. I have the "RealFlight Drone" one as well as the older plane one. Their included quadcopters have no internal compass, nor GPS, no Auto take off, no Return to home, gimbal, camera control, etc. that makes the Phantom easier to fly than all the simulators which can get super squirrelly. They are fun to fly, but unlikely to feel the same as the Phantom. Too bad they don't replicate the DJI Phantom's characteristics better, i.e. Left stick is centered in the Phantom RC controller, and the RF Drone is bottom up. Braking is different. Activating and shutting down are very different too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20