Any Good DJI Care experiences?

Reaction score
Hello,

Forgive me if this seems like a redundant topic, but I've spent the last couple of hours reading posts on here about all of the experiences (mostly negative) with DJI Care and their customer service. I'm going to activate my drone tonight as part of my unboxing series, and whereas before I was dead-set on activating DJI Care, I'm more opposed to it now just based on what I've been reading.

Does anybody have any positive, good feedback about their DJI Care experiences, or is it better to just rely on my drone insurance policy I'm going with and a 3rd party repair company suggested on the forum?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks! I didn't catch that you didn't have to have a standard policy with them. I read about it in general and also have two co-workers who have that, but I'm getting that type of coverage wrapped up into my commercial drone insurance. Supposedly, I get one replacement per calendar year for fly always, damage, etc. I thought I read on DJIs site that there is a $400 copay with DJI Care and the Phantom 4 Pro. So in essence, you're paying almost 40% of the cost of the drone to get it fixed through them with the price of the plan. It almost doesn't make it worth it from what I've been reading. I'm hoping to hear from others who have it oh the P4.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I just got my p4 back. It was out of my possession for only 2 weeks after a crash and they sent me a brand new unit. Couldn't be happier. I read all the negative comments too and was concerned. They can be hard to get on the phone and online chat, but overall, when you get a new drone after 2 weeks, all is good.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: UltraT
No copay they covered it all. Used up $150 of my $1200 allowance on the plan. Buy as tjshelton said I have also picked up the State Farm Personal Articles policy in case it takes a dive in the lake. I do a lot of flying over the lake.

All good with me. In the shop now for 1 week and I just got a tracking number for the return. Like others I carry State Farm personal item coverage for $60 a year just in case of lost of stolen. "Lost" being the key word here for fly-away or something similar. I really fly worry free with my P3S and P4.

Friend of mine had a P4, crashed it pretty much on the first day of flying, personally I felt it was his fault as I think he accidentally pressed the use current aircraft position as home point whilst in a panic and it crashed into a tree. But of course there has been a bug with that issue apparently so who knows.

Either way he did not have DJI Care, but he phoned them up and a week later he was sent a brand new Phantom 4 without a controller, meaning all he had to do was buy a controller on eBay. He hasn't had to send his old one back, and the old one still works, there was just slight damage to the props and one of the motors which he's fixed.

So now he has two P4 drones, both fully functioning, 2 batteries in case he only decides to use one drone, for completely free of charge.

He is the luckiest guy I know.

I might try it with my TV. Send an email off to LG to say it pushed itself off the stand, hopefully they'll send me a £1000+ replacement free of charge and I won't have to send my old one back in, meaning I'll have two! /s

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your stories, everybody. That's what I was looking for. I know people only tend to post bad experiences but I just wanted to make sure they were reliable.

Basically what I am seeing is sometimes the experience of filing a claim with their customer service can be like pulling teeth but at the end of the day, they will make good on their warranty.

Last edited:
I just got my p4 back. It was out of my possession for only 2 weeks after a crash and they sent me a brand new unit. Couldn't be happier. I read all the negative comments too and was concerned. They can be hard to get on the phone and online chat, but overall, when you get a new drone after 2 weeks, all is good.

Hi Clay, Since I am now going thru this process of DJI Care replacement, how do you determine the P4 is new versus refurbished? ...thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl