Any flyaway's using latest firmware and/or GS?

I would advocate changing straight away. The reason? Home Lock.

No matter where you are, how far away, just flip S1 fully down, pull back on the stick and the craft will come right back towards you no matter which direction it is flying in. A great confidence booster, or arse cheek relaxer, whichever you prefer.

With both switches up it flies in Phantom mode anyway, so what's to lose?

happydays said:

No matter where you are, how far away, just flip S1 fully down, pull back on the stick and the craft will come right back towards you no matter which direction it is flying in. A great confidence booster, or arse cheek relaxer, whichever you prefer.

Couldn't agree more. Home Lock is a must have, IMO, and I am surprised it is not available in Phantom (aka treat me with kid gloves) mode.

happydays said:

+1,000....

I thought the same thing when I read the referenced post and I couldn't agree with you more. The Home Lock function has saved me multiple times when the P has flown out of visual range and I was loosing FPV. To be able to flick a switch, pull back on on the right control and see the P return was to say ... Utter joy! Just remember to add S1 & S2 switch position to your preflight and make it a habit!

benefit far out weighs potential issues... IMO

Home Lock worked great for me...until it didn't. That was on a P2v. Still saving my pennies for a + (and a GPS tracker). REALLY wish I would have had one when I was standing there with a transmitter in my hand and a blank stare on my face :?

jimdenburg said:
Home Lock worked great for me...until it didn't. That was on a P2v. Still saving my pennies for a + (and a GPS tracker). REALLY wish I would have had one when I was standing there with a transmitter in my hand and a blank stare on my face :?

What happened? We don't enjoy reading about other people's misfortunes, but if we learn something, you may prevent some of us from making the same mistake.

happydays said:

Are you sure its S1 fully down? for IOC? :roll:

JWarren said:
happydays said:

Are you sure its S1 fully down? for IOC? :roll:
He obviously meant s2. Everyone gets one bye.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31