Any fixing a broken gimbal?

Reaction score
I made another stupid mistake and clipped a tree. Top gimbal motor seems to have a stripped gear. I ordered a new gimbal...will be here tomorrow (thank you amazon)!

I'm wondering if it's worth getting the old one repaired? Or should I just chuck it?

On a side note... The phantom has a crack in the shell, but other than that seems good as new... I'm pretty amazed at what a beating this thing can take.

Can you grab a vid of what it looks/sounds like now when powered up?

It may or may not be worth paying to repair, but even if it's not definitely don't chuck it!

I took it off already... But basically it rotates properly vertically but horizontally it vibrates and shudders trying to get the correct left to right position.... But it never settles down. Really seems like a gear is stripped...

Sounds similar to my issue with the gimbal. Got my new one from B&H. Seemed like it had been rebuilt. Scuffed stainless steel, etc. But it works a treat - so onward and upward.

As far as the old shaky one, I'm searching around for a repair place as well. Two is better than one.

Yeah... I'm actually going to "test" the drop and spill warranty I purchased for it... I'm hoping I can get it replaced. I know there's a lot of naysayers on the subject of those warranties... So not looking to start a debate... Worst case, I'm exactly in the same position I'm in now :)

New gimbal arrives today! Can't wait!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik