Any fellow pilots in Central Iowa?

hey there gmann001..

I'm from the dsm but now live in Marion Ia. I come home every so often. Do you fly out at saylorville or big creek lake? When the spring comes and I head back that way, I might do some flight time there.

Anyway.. good to know another there is another Iowa phantom guy out there...

Great to hear from you! I haven't ventured out to the lakes yet, but I'm looking forward to springtime as I want to go out to Saylorville. Been flying since last summer and its been mostly local stuff around the house, etc. Still trying to get the experience in before doing anything "dangerous" with the Phantom.

I'm in South East Iowa, but there is a group of drone pilots in Des Moines, http://www.meetup.com/DM-DUG/

They appear to be mainly non-Phantom pilots, but probably would welcome Phantom pilots.

I'm in NE Central Iowa. Jesup, near Waterloo, 35 miles NNW of Cedar Rapids. If you are ever in the area, let me know. I'm very new at all this and would like to get a flying session in with some experienced pilots. I just got my Phantom 3 Pro and am on a steep learning curve right now.

Thanks,

Kevin H.

Reactions: gmann001
I'm in NE Central Iowa. Jesup, near Waterloo, 35 miles NNW of Cedar Rapids. If you are ever in the area, let me know. I'm very new at all this and would like to get a flying session in with some experienced pilots. I just got my Phantom 3 Pro and am on a steep learning curve right now.

Thanks,

Kevin H.
My dad lives up near Oelwein, so I go up there alot and fly around Fontana Park.

Okay, Iowans.....we're moving from Muscatine to Ankeny so will probably fly Saylorville. I saw the Des Moines drone users group is gathering at Des Moines Science Center, so I'll check them out to see if they'll accept a ready-to-fly Phantom operator into their clan.

Although I know where Millersburg is, since we've burned much rubber on Interstate 80 over the decades, we've never been there.

We have friends in Williamsburg, former recently-layed-off employees of Kinze. I stopped at Kinze once and asked permission to fly in their "front yard". One of their lawyers said he'd get back to me. He never did. Just as well, the wind is always pretty stiff there.

From Waterloo here. A little one on the way so I won't have much time to get out but I am looking forward to the fall colors if I have the chance. To all that have posted, are you P3 owners?

From Waterloo here. A little one on the way so I won't have much time to get out but I am looking forward to the fall colors if I have the chance. To all that have posted, are you P3 owners?

Yep, primarily use a Phantom 3, but sometimes take a Phantom 2 non-vision for some extra flight time.

Fly across dsm and back (one trip)[emoji41]
Long distance runner in desmoines. "Dirtybum" on flytrex

I've been kicked out of saylorville, rangers said drones not aloud so fly lo key

Looking for any fellow flyers around the Des Moines area.
I'm out in Pleasant Hill just east of Deery Bros dealership. I've got 175 acres next to me and behind me to fly. I have a P3 advanced. Anyone more than welcome to fly here. Concrete landing area as well.

Reactions: scarrick
Yeah i fly over your place all the time from my house across from Bass Pro/Facebook![emoji41]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20