Any electronic buffs out there? Final call for help before I quit- VIDEO

Do you have this piece available? I dont know where to find this guy anywhere.

Attachments

• 20150527_105957.jpg
    20150527_105957.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 237
Also with cables like this the wire is usually soldered to the pin connectors and then push into the plastic connector, and usually you can "pull pins" from the connector.
They aren't soldered, they are crimped then the pins are pushed into the connector housing. There's a tiny tab that locks the pin in place. You can disassemble the connector by pressing this tab with a pin while gently pulling on the wire.

Reactions: Ari
After my crash I had a very similar situation...the cable wires were stripped out of the plastic connector at the gimbal insertion point. Mine were more cleanly separated than yours though...looks like you have a couple of wires shorter than the rest.

I took mine to a local electronics repair shop (they mostly work on televisions) as they have the tools and knowhow to do repairs like this. The white clip from the end of the cable was still inserted into the gimbal, which I removed and showed to the tech. He noticed that the little plastic arm on the clip that retains the wires had broken off as a result of the crash, releasing the wires. As a result, he re-seated the wires back into the connector and then siliconed them (not glued) into place to hold them.

I'm betting that you can do something similar if you still have the clip from the end of your cable. The only challenge I see is that you may need to trim the longer wires back so that they are all the same length. That will make reinstallation tricky as the cable will be shorter and reconnection will be tedious, but a pair of hemostats or tweezers would make quick work of that.

Don't get discouraged. I thought mine was a lost cause and was VERY depressed after my crash, but that shop had me back up and running the same day.

After my crash I had a very similar situation...the cable wires were stripped out of the plastic connector at the gimbal insertion point. Mine were more cleanly separated than yours though...looks like you have a couple of wires shorter than the rest.

I took mine to a local electronics repair shop (they mostly work on televisions) as they have the tools and knowhow to do repairs like this. The white clip from the end of the cable was still inserted into the gimbal, which I removed and showed to the tech. He noticed that the little plastic arm on the clip that retains the wires had broken off as a result of the crash, releasing the wires. As a result, he re-seated the wires back into the connector and then siliconed them (not glued) into place to hold them.

I'm betting that you can do something similar if you still have the clip from the end of your cable. The only challenge I see is that you may need to trim the longer wires back so that they are all the same length. That will make reinstallation tricky as the cable will be shorter and reconnection will be tedious, but a pair of hemostats or tweezers would make quick work of that.

Don't get discouraged. I thought mine was a lost cause and was VERY depressed after my crash, but that shop had me back up and running the same day.

I actually found a place that has the cable replacement kit. It should come tomorrow. Now I need that camera gimbal mount. I think I am going to need to find someone with a 3d printer for this one

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj