Any drone can launch your fishing line.

Will you do this with your drone?

• Total voters
Dirk loud, I am not sure what your primate GIF signafies.
No need to misspell . Was a friendly gesture that's all .

Giving him the thumbs up! :D

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: SanCap
All fun and games until you accidentally get the fishing line wrapped up in the props, and have to use your fishing pole to bring your (soaked) drone back to shore. At least at that point it's probably firmly attached to the fishing line and the pole :D:D:D
The dangerous time is takeoff when the line is slack.
Once it's in the air the props are blowing the line down and away from the props.
I tried it last weekend and no probs once I got it airborne.
There were a few frustrating attempts to get it off the ground though beforehand

best way is the Rod liying on the ground and carefully watch during take off, I need to experiment the best way, Probably I will take off first then hook it while its hovering
Tried the hovering way - no go.
I ended up lying my rod down pointed towards the ocean and had the drone about 10 feet away with line lying on the sand.
Also watch your drag cause if you have it too loose the reel will overspin and cause a tangle stopping the drone mid air.
Not such a big prob when just using a hook as it just spins the drone around and drops the bait
Don't try to attach line while the rod is standing up in a holder

Will try that, Probably before fishing will try Parachute toy drop in a field, My son would love that
Good plan
I spent a frustrating and nerve racking hour or so on the beach rerigging and untangling before I worked it out.
Finally dropped the line 200 metres out and no fish!

The beach is 500 metres from my house
I just throw my stuff in the old tray back and drive along the beach til I find a likely spot.
Wind is the biggest drawback.
Vid of beach on Youtube titled DJI 009

ending was the best , showing it trying to take off and oops complete fail ...reason enough to cast out your own bait

All fun and games until you accidentally get the fishing line wrapped up in the props, and have to use your fishing pole to bring your (soaked) drone back to shore. At least at that point it's probably firmly attached to the fishing line and the pole :D:D:D
Lmfao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic