Any difficulty entering "Waypoint" or "Ground Station" mode?

Reaction score
Howdy...

I'm wondering if any of you are using more obscure Android devices and are having trouble entering Waypoint mode by swiping to the left on your screen?

I have an Epson BT-200, which is an Android device with glasses and a touchpad. I am unable to swipe into GS mode (it is enabled in the settings)... It 'tries' to go to GS mode... but after about 1/10 of a second, it goes back to the 4-option main menu.

It's running a fairly old version of Android (4.0, I believe)... Maybe that's the issue...

Other than that, the glasses work just wonderfully, so I'm wondering if there's anyone else who has issues with their older or more obscure Android device? Maybe a cheap tablet or something? If there's an issue entering GS mode, and how you solved it if you were able?

Thanks for any advice you can provide..

Best,

Ben

Re: Any difficulty entering "Waypoint" or "Ground Station" m

Of you are using the new update for the app you have to swipe in the upper right hand corner where there are no buttons that could be mistakenly pressed. Seems to be a common issue until you get used to it with the new update...

That's a good thought, but it's not a problem with the 'swipe'... The swipe does 'take', but it crashes back to the main menu directly after entering GS mode.

Oddly enough, I have the new version on my Galaxy Note 3, and can happily swipe from the middle of the screen. I don't need to do the 'corner' swipe that you're talking about... FWIW...

Best,

Ben

I had actually thought the update removed the ground station feature from my app on my Nexus7. I then picked up the smartphone and sure enough....same thing. So at this point I was sure it was a thing of the past. I then began swiping from side to side using the pads of the end of the fingers, and while applying more pressure. All of a sudden it rotated to the GS screen. I picked up the Nexus7 and performed the same method, and it also worked.

So after the fact I noticed everything went back to normal as in less effort to activate the page. No doubt, it was strange to happen.

You probably just had 'Cheetos' all over your hands... Can't get a good swipe with the orange devil on your fingers... :)

B.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik