Any details available about the Phantom 5 yet?

Reaction score
I hear the Phantom 5 is set to release sometime in April, do we know anything about it yet?

Will it release as a full version or is DJI going to play the regular than unannounced pro version later game again?

I would like to see an optical zoom camera added, bonus points if it could be removed and put on an Osmo handle. Something like an improved X3s maybe?

Smarter/more obstacle avoidance and better path tracking seem like easy low-hanging fruit to apply to a new Phantom. Not sure where they can go with the camera without bumping into the Inspire range, maybe higher bps ratings?

I love some of the "inside" information on the web about the Phantom 5:

It comes with auto takeoff and auto returning features

Fully equipped with GPS technology which makes controlling the drone all the easier.

Companion App allows for displaying the image captured by the camera.

Capable of capturing videos at the 4K quality.

Comes with a 360 Gimbals stabilization technology that allows for smoother capturing of photos and other footage.

Comes with an in-built director software that allows you to edit in music and text to the captured videos.

Greatly reliable because of the dual compass module that it comes installed with.

Can take up speeds up to 55 miles per hour

The predictions go on and on with features that have been a part of the Phantoms since the Phantom 3. I've seen other predictions, which could be correct but don't make complete sense. A 360 turning camera with no information on what they would do with the landing gear. Of course the same people state that the new Phantom 5 will have something called "Active Track" that can not only track you... but also track other moving objects. Imagine this.... something new to the Phantom 5.... I guess ignoring that its on the Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, the Mavic and can even be used on the Phantom 3.

Also, DJI announced the release date of the Mavic and not even they were correct.

So when someone comes along and says that the Phantom 5 will be out in April... I take that with a grain of salt. It could happen... but I'll just wait and see. But when they claim the new tech in the Phantom 5 is actually tech that is in many prior Phantoms? Well....

Even if P5 does show up, how long will it be before you ever see one? The Mavic Pro is still unavalble in most stores like Apple and Apple online finally gave up after 5 months and isn't saying when to expect them if ever. Best Buy took down their Mavic display here and don't know either. CrystalSky aux. screens available anywhere yet?

DJI seems to be in some sort of manufacturing hurt of late, imho. Even the Inspire 2 are having issues and a lot of it seems QC related like stripped threads and landing gear feeze-ups, other than the four that fell out of the sky for whatever reason like a CRC hit. Then the additional packaged prop locks that require them to be screwed on by the owner, and then they deny any warranty coverage as owner tampered with it? They really need to get their act together.

Fully equipped with GPS technology which makes controlling the drone all the easier.
Comes with a 360 Gimbals stabilization technology that allows for smoother capturing of photos and other footage.
Comes with an in-built director software that allows you to edit in music and text to the captured videos.
Greatly reliable because of the dual compass module that it comes installed with.

The predictions go on and on ..

.....And calls you when it crashes from a 55 mph fly away and says come get me.

The predictions go on and on with features that have been a part of the Phantoms since the Phantom 3. I've seen other predictions, which could be correct but don't make complete sense. A 360 turning camera with no information on what they would do with the landing gear. Of course the same people state that the new Phantom 5 will have something called "Active Track" that can not only track you... but also track other moving objects. Imagine this.... something new to the Phantom 5.... I guess ignoring that its on the Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, the Mavic and can even be used on the Phantom 3.

Also, DJI announced the release date of the Mavic and not even they were correct.

So when someone comes along and says that the Phantom 5 will be out in April... I take that with a grain of salt. It could happen... but I'll just wait and see. But when they claim the new tech in the Phantom 5 is actually tech that is in many prior Phantoms? Well....
I know... a friend said to me tonight... "have you seen the new Phantom 5?" - I said WHAT!!! and as soon as I got home I googled it and ... what a load of trollop is out there... Will have GPS makes it easier to fly... [et al] as you mentioned above... these "reviewers" obviously have never even flown/owned a P3 - else they would know... very sad... now fake drone news... this hobby which has turned into a retirement profession and passion was the place I would immerse myself in order to escape the madness which is politics... I cannot take "it" anymore... ahhh back to flying.[excuse the rant]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic