Any clues on new firmware release?

Reaction score
I've seen the posts about rolling back firmware, but it's been six weeks since DJI has even done a firmware release. Does anybody have a clue when the next one will come out? There have been lots of postings about the current version being buggy especially with the VPS, which most everybody now turns off. There are a couple of companies about to roll out new apps and they are requiring firmware updates that they provide. I don't know if that's normal for SDK software, but obviously there is new firmware that DJI is working with. I plan to travel overseas next month and was going to take my P3A with me and had hoped that I'd have the Phantom fully updated before I left.

The main thing is that I was curious and was wondering if anybody had any ideas.

it must be pretty soon... some clues:
1. despite NDA, few members have let it slipped that they were just sent the link to download the beta test firmware (early this week, I believe)
2. Some members describing a new DJI app called DJI GO which included instructions on how to update RC firmware within the app rather than on the remote.
3. Developer's site discussing imminent release of a new SDK revision and associated firmware

Might just have to wait on the maiden flight until this update comes out. This is all brand new to me, (P3P is brand new and has never been flown) and sure seems like a Sh!t show. Hopefully DJI doesn't consistently release buggy firmware, or does this seem to be a common occurrence? Do they tend to release updates monthly?

Might just have to wait on the maiden flight until this update comes out. This is all brand new to me, (P3P is brand new and has never been flown) and sure seems like a Sh!t show. Hopefully DJI doesn't consistently release buggy firmware, or does this seem to be a common occurrence? Do they tend to release updates monthly?

Most people are not having problems with the current firmware. Fly it.

Go fly it. Did I notice a difference between 1.1.9 and 1.2.8? Sure, but it didn't fall out of the sky. Just pesky little issues, nothing that prevented me from flying and having fun.

Go fly it. Did I notice a difference between 1.1.9 and 1.2.8? Sure, but it didn't fall out of the sky. Just pesky little issues, nothing that prevented me from flying and having fun.
^^This^^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen