Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Any clues on new firmware release?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by jbadallas, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jbadallas

I've seen the posts about rolling back firmware, but it's been six weeks since DJI has even done a firmware release. Does anybody have a clue when the next one will come out? There have been lots of postings about the current version being buggy especially with the VPS, which most everybody now turns off. There are a couple of companies about to roll out new apps and they are requiring firmware updates that they provide. I don't know if that's normal for SDK software, but obviously there is new firmware that DJI is working with. I plan to travel overseas next month and was going to take my P3A with me and had hoped that I'd have the Phantom fully updated before I left.

The main thing is that I was curious and was wondering if anybody had any ideas.

2. tomtnt

it must be pretty soon... some clues:
    1. despite NDA, few members have let it slipped that they were just sent the link to download the beta test firmware (early this week, I believe)
    2. Some members describing a new DJI app called DJI GO which included instructions on how to update RC firmware within the app rather than on the remote.
    3. Developer's site discussing imminent release of a new SDK revision and associated firmware

3. spankybear

In 7 days... give or take...

4. Dronebow

How long before we know if the update is solid or full of defects? ;-)

5. spin2win

Might just have to wait on the maiden flight until this update comes out. This is all brand new to me, (P3P is brand new and has never been flown) and sure seems like a Sh!t show. Hopefully DJI doesn't consistently release buggy firmware, or does this seem to be a common occurrence? Do they tend to release updates monthly?

6. robinb

Most people are not having problems with the current firmware. Fly it.

7. Dronebow

Go fly it. Did I notice a difference between 1.1.9 and 1.2.8? Sure, but it didn't fall out of the sky. Just pesky little issues, nothing that prevented me from flying and having fun.

8. coherent

Fly it! If you've ever flown a small cheap quad, you'll think the Phantom is a piece of cake... then once the revision comes out and the bugs are fixed, you'll think it's even better!

9. Oso

Oso

^^This^^

10. hidaven

There was better video range on earlier firmware. Hope they fix that