Any Canadian fines yet?

Reaction score
Hello all, just wondering if anyone has been fined or charged in Canada yet over the new interm laws put in place by our transport minister? I'm curious to know if they are actually enforcing this, I've heard the "a friend of a friend got charged for flying in their driveway" but I'm just wondering if anyone actually has?

I gotta say, this has really put a hamper on my flying! I used to fly in a new subdivision down the road from my house. There are no residences yet so it's just basically a big field with roads and light standards. Most of my flying was around 50 meters and always in line of sight. But, our hospital a couple of km's away has a helipad for emergencies that gets used maybe once or twice a year (small town!) so I can't fly here anymore for fear of big fines.

I'm in Canada too and I'm really annoyed with the 75m from everything rule. Now I have to file a sfoc for research and development so I can fly somewhere to practice the craft of videography via drone. No fines in Toronto area that I know of yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj