Any Advantage to P3P Camera if filming in 1080P?

Chroma sub sampling is how colour is processed or retained/ditched. It has no barring on detail, luminance or encoding artifacts.
Sorry, I thought the question was is there an advantage to recording in 4K if it is being viewed in 1080p, which is what I do.

The CMOS sensor on both advance and professional are the same so both are scanning at 4K and scaling to record 1080p. Whether the processing is the same is the question. I have both advance and professional and when recording in 1080p they look identical. In 4k the only issue is the relatively low bit rate of 60mbs. It's just not enough and with movement can cause artifacts. In 1080p the bitrate is relatively high at 40mbs. I work in broadcast and 50mbs is the golden number but that does depend on the codec.

So what exactly would be the advantage to getting the Pro model if your end result is 1080 products?

So what exactly would be the advantage to getting the Pro model if your end result is 1080 products?

One significant advantage is the ability to edit and still have full HD. For example, when you use software to stabilize your shots, it has to crop the footage. Having 4K footage available will allow for cropping and output to full 1080P.

I would really like to see a resolution and a color chart shot by both the Advanced and the Pro, static, at 1080P so everyone contemplating one over the other knows for sure they are making the right decision.

Reactions: wordsmith

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl