Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3 Firmware Any 1.5 Firmware update?

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by Goldni, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Goldni

My P3A is grounded until the 'wind compensation' issue is fixed. My bird doesn't fly straight, making video I shoot look terrible from mc constant correcting. And hovering in place to take pics is terrible now. The stability is pathetic. It's almost like ATTI mode.

Can anyone all the inside, tester or developer, give us an update? Any idea when 1.5 will be released?

2. johnbigboote

Has anyone verified it is fixed in the beta firmware? They list item #6:

6. Removed wind compensation while using control stick to control the horizontal movement of
    the aircraft.

The question I have is when did they put the wind compensation in to begin with - it's not listed as something that changed in 1.4.

3. Goldni

I don't know, but it has sure messed me up. I thought it was a combination of my bad flying and wind the past few flights! I have missed all of my fall plans and a church steeple shoot.

Stevex posted the new beta file (1.05). I've got it on my SD card ready, but I don't have good weather. He said it's fixed and more stable than 1.32 fw.

4. johnbigboote

The funny thing is that you would think wind compensation (in GPS mode) while using the control stick would be a good thing, and here they are removing it. I don't want to nudge the stick when the wind is 20mph in the opposite direction and have it suddenly go off on me.

5. ViperNuke

Yeah that's really confusing.. Removing something that was there prevent drifting to begin with?? We will just have to wait for the next firmware release and see if it fix the issue.

6. Goldni

It is fixed in the 1.5 beta. I have it if you want it.

7. ViperNuke

No thanks.. I'd rather wait for the official release...

8. lotusteve

how long do they beta test firmwares ?. will we get the new firmware this month (november)

9. Goldni

I know! It's ridiculous how long dji takes with their fixes. I've already got the beta fw 1.5. It seems to be all good.

10. brianld

Sorry for obvious question, but how do we get on the beta (or otherwise obtain the beta firmware)?

PM me if necessary.

Thanks.