Antigravity Tiger motors

Reaction score
Well, it's pretty sad but I found a set of brand new Tiger motors and had them shipped to my door before I received my P2V+. Oh well, something new to tinker with.

I only bought them because they were half price. Otherwise I don't think they are worth the money. I'm definitely interested to see the difference in performance though.

Scottrod said:
I only bought them because they were half price.

Was this a one-time deal, or is it a store that's offering a sale? I don't think they're worth the nearly $200 for a complete set, but for around $100 I might consider taking the plunge.

CRankin said:
Scottrod said:
I only bought them because they were half price.

Was this a one-time deal, or is it a store that's offering a sale? I don't think they're worth the nearly $200 for a complete set, but for around $100 I might consider taking the plunge.

Sorry. I set an alert on eBay for "MN2214 920KV" AKA the motor set part number. It ended up popping up for around $110 shipped brand new unopened buy-it-now and I couldn't resist. I'll post the results if I notice any. I'm thinking they might help to increase flight time slightly but I don't think any performance gains will be noticeable.

Scottrod said:
I'm thinking they might help to increase flight time slightly but I don't think any performance gains will be noticeable.

I saw a direct comparison youtube video that showed flight time gain of almost exactly one minute... and on climb rate the tiger drone beat stock at full throttle from lift off to 30 feet by about 5 or 6 feet.

Scottrod said:
Well, it's pretty sad but I found a set of brand new Tiger motors and had them shipped to my door before I received my P2V+. Oh well, something new to tinker with.

I only bought them because they were half price. Otherwise I don't think they are worth the money. I'm definitely interested to see the difference in performance though.

If you got T-Motors for half price it probably was used and the older version that does not have self tightening prop support compatible with the Phantom 1.1.1 and Phantom 2. The current version 2.0 T-motor for the Phantom is $189 on amazon

BenDronePilot said:
Scottrod said:

If you got T-Motors for half price it probably was used and the older version that does not have self tightening prop support compatible with the Phantom 1.1.1 and Phantom 2. The current version 2.0 T-motor for the Phantom is $189 on amazon

Nope. Newest version. Someone was unloading them.

edyruzyq.jpg

Scottrod said:
BenDronePilot said:
Scottrod said:

Nope. Newest version. Someone was unloading them.

Cool, yeah I see V2.0 on the sticker there. Hopefully they're legit. Were they advertised as new or used? How do you plan on mounting them? I just got a new set from Amazon.

My unboxing and overview of them can be seen here for those interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVR1zkqRDwA

I've been debating how to install them. Like soldering directly to the ESC's as the original vs cutting and crimping, or adding bullet connectors. I decided the most reliable connection would be soldering straight down, or using bullet connectors (which also requires soldering) if I thought I might be swapping motors regularly. I think I've settled on just soldering as the originals are. Ideally all the originall solder should be removed and new solder applied. But I think I'm going to go with what some others have and try to reuse the existing solder. If not enough existing solder is left then I'll just remove it all (using a de soldering braid and pump) and start fresh vs mixing solder which I'm not so sure will lead to as reliable a solder joint.

My reasons for replacing the motors are because I need to do them anyway, 3 of 4 of my motors are making a little extra noise in them (though the P2 does fly fine despite that) but to be on the safe side I wanted to swap them with new motors. If I'm going to the time, trouble and expense of replacing the motors it made sense to go with something a little better that should last longer.

Yeah definitely makes sense to upgrade if you have to replace them anyway. I was planning to install them with a direct soldier joint on the board instead of soldiering the wires together. Not sure which is better or safer. The motors I got are new unused but the package was opened. They don't show signs of having ever been used or soldiered so I'm confident with them. Seller had good eBay feedback too.

Make sure you use electronics soldier, which I believe is called B Rosin.

Scottrod said:
Yeah definitely makes sense to upgrade if you have to replace them anyway. I was planning to install them with a direct soldier joint on the board instead of soldiering the wires together. Not sure which is better or safer. The motors I got are new unused but the package was opened. They don't show signs of having ever been used or soldiered so I'm confident with them. Seller had good eBay feedback too.

Make sure you use electronics soldier, which I believe is called B Rosin.

Mine were sealed. You can check out my video and compare mine to yours to see they look the same as well as the end of the wiring leads. They're "pre tinned" with solder already applied to them. And yeah I'll be using Rosin core solder should I end up replacing all of the original solder.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic