Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Anti-interference board and FPV

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by JustinJames, May 19, 2015.

1. JustinJames

Hi Phantom Pilots. When I installed the Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal under the Phantom 2 I finished off the installation with the supplied anti-interference board. I am about to install an iOSD mini / Immersion RC 600mw 5.8 GHz A/V Transmitter / Blue Beam Ultra FPV set-up.

My questions are: 1. do I keep the anti-interference board connected or do I disconnect it and do without it?

2. What function does it actually perform - what interference is it actually inhibiting?

2. thestone11

Keep the interference board, better yet, put all the iosd mini and Interference board inside the phantom shell

JustinJames likes this.
  3. Daninho

Its a power filter for the gimbal motors

4. Hughie

I dont think you say where you installed the interference board, but there is space for it inside the shell, that is what the screw holes are for - is screws down next to the NAZA.

5. JustinJames

Yes, that's exactly where I installed it and was very thankful for those two screws and screwholes - worked like a charm.

6. ymg200

I have a P2 with no gimbal, so there is no interference from gimbal motors. I use auxiliary power cable (red/brown) to power FPV camera (sony CCD board camera) and Tx (ts5828 600mw). I flew for the 1st time today and was not happy with a lot of interference in the video.
    Does it make sense to install a power filter to remove interference, or auxiliary power that I am using is already filtered and additional filter is useless?
    Do Phantom motors introduce noise to the auxiliary power?
    Thanks all.