Anti Glare

Reaction score
Hey guys. Anyone using anti glare screen protectors on their tablets? Are all anti glare products equal?

I use a sun shield but still get glare. I'm curious if any of you have compared multiple brands and types to get the best for use in the field.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Reed L
Hey guys. Anyone using anti glare screen protectors on their tablets? Are all anti glare products equal?

I use the "Moshi iVisor AG" on my iPad Air, after trying 5 or 6 others it's the best I've used. It was bought for me as a present last year, so I've not researched any stores for them, but I've seen a few iPhone versions on Amazon and they are not cheap. :eek: It's not the usual flexible plasic film with adhesive and air bubble problems, but a semi-rigid type film that can be removed and re-applied as many times as you like as it uses a polymer fixing around the bezel, not sticky adhesive on the screen.

However, I don't think a complete elimination of glare is possible due to the tiny air gap between the top glass and the sensor surface, but the Moshi does a decent enough job for me.

Here's a video that provides a better expanation.

Looking forward to hearing it. I too have a "shade". Actually a few cause I may use my Ipad mini, Iphone, or Ipad Air. None do a really good job.

The interesting thing is that my Q500 ST10+ controller has the same "type" of sunshade as say the "hoodman", yet it does a better job of making the display readable.

Going to give this one a shot. I'll report back once I get it out in the field

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008THTWIW/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awd_GEm6wb4EW2E2Z

Ya I use a sun shade too, and an umbrella hooked to my chair. Still doesn't block out all glare on a sunny AZ day.

Got the anti glare screen protector installed. I'll try to get it in action this weekend so I can report back

Reactions: QuadBart
Does everyone use ipads? Not one of these for android 10.1"?

And how does one get the air bubbles all out, if you do find the right one?

Amazon.com: supershieldz: Cell Phones & Accessories
I like the matte Supershieldz to reduce screen reflectivity and fingerprints. They are easy to apply and come off leaving no residue.

No bubbles if you have your device clean. If you do see a piece of dust trapped between the protector and the screen, partly lift the protector with a piece of scotch tape and remove the dust with a small piece of tape wrapped around your fingertip.

Reactions: Squirrel!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj