Anti-Glare screen covers question

Reaction score
Does anyone use or can recommend anything that would help or eliminate the glare on the screen of my iPhone 6s Plus. Even when turning up the brightness, it's hard to see the screen. Sometimes is like looking at a mirror cause all I see is my reflecting.
I purchased a smartphone hood that fits my controller but it doesn't seem to block any glare. Total waste of $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Squirrel!
Bump. I'm looking for an anti glare screen for my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use Nushield dayvue. I believe this is about as good as it gets in anti glare covers ,it's Not perfect but much better.

Reactions: mikecorn1
Check out Hoodman at hoodmanusa.com. I have a Hoodman for my Samsung Tab S2 and it kicks behind. They have one for the 6s. NFL uses their hoods for the on field game replay cameras. They are top notch.

Reactions: mikecorn1
I'm good so far, I guess because my mini 2 is brand new, but I'm in the sun big time watching with my yellow tv commercial uv glasses on for ten bucks, one day, one night pair, as seen on tv, no glare at all, seriously guys and gals!!!... $10 bucks two pair, order some off the commercial, glare not there!!!...

Am I correct in thinking that polarised glasses mess up the screen completely for tablets?

Am I correct in thinking that polarised glasses mess up the screen completely for tablets?
It depends on the screen and the angle of view.
Some older LCD screens will look as if they have blacked out if you wear polarised glasses and turn the screen or your head 90 degrees.It's because the glass in the LCD is polarised too and if you put two polarised lenses together and turn one you will see darkening to the point of black out.
Most modern screens on phones and tablets are not going to black out.You may see a little darkening but not enough to be a problem.

I have been using an anti glare film on my phone for a couple of years and they work reasonably well but one thing I have noticed is that small print can be a little difficult to read in some lighting conditions.The film has little rainbow flecks through it and that can show up more in some conditions and disturb the image enough to make small characters a bit fuzzy.

Reactions: Bluenoes
I was battling this problem for ages and realized the only answer was to shroud the screen completely and just have a small
eye hole to view.So to prove the point I made a HOODMAN like screen cover from black cardboard with a removable top piece
that just had an opening for my glasses to peer through.Small hinged opening at the bottom to touch the screen with and it
worked, Folds up fits in the backpack. The hoodman is the answer but at £140 as opposed to the £5 for cardboard I dont think
so.I made the depth of the hood about 220mm to suit my vision and a pair of magnifying glasses to increase image size.
I use an ipad2 mini. All a bit heath robinson but I have proved the principle, for me that is.I am not spending any more than I
absolutely have to.
I use FPV camera app by the way-brilliant
Cheers
Ray

Reactions: Wibble
hoodman - Google Search

HAV1E_3.jpg

Last edited:
i have the hoodivision on my ipad air 2. i was flying in the sun last saturday and sunday with no problems at all. hoodivision does a very good job of keeping the glare out.

Does anyone use or can recommend anything that would help or eliminate the glare on the screen of my iPhone 6s Plus. Even when turning up the brightness, it's hard to see the screen. Sometimes is like looking at a mirror cause all I see is my reflecting.
I purchased a smartphone hood that fits my controller but it doesn't seem to block any glare. Total waste of $$.

Ha. Just posted something similar to your posting on Sunday. I can't see what I am recording. I had to go inside my car to see the screen.

Thought it might be my eyes so the others that I was flying with told me that they couldn't see it either. I was even using a hood with it which was a complete waste of money. I ordered the DJI hood in hopes of it working.

Now that is what I call resourceful, and very cool. Speaking of cool, make sure it has plenty of ventilation as my iPad gets hot during flight and his iPhone might also.

Reactions: CaptainDrone798
My brother recently acquired a Phantom 3 Standard. He is a construction worker by trade, so when he began to get sun glare on his iPhone, he made a very inventive iPhone screen glare protector (see pics).

Pure genius! ;)
Everything looks great indoors. Take it outside in the sunlight and take a picture of what you see.

I have a full hood on my iPad Air2. Can't see squat in the sunlight. Retina display is the worst screen I've seen outdoors.

STILL looking for a reasonable solution. I love the idea of the hoodman, and use their products for my photography, but $100 for the kit? Too expensive for my wallet at this point.

Reactions: CaptainDrone798
...physics is physics - all you can do is try and eliminate as many of the offending reflections as possible - the hoodman looks to be about the perfect solution and their track record of working in the movie industry for thirty years speaks volumes - I will be biting the bullet and giving it a go, but another tip is to try and find a shady spot with darkness BEHIND you and wear black!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4