Anti glare protective sheet or shield for tablet?

Reaction score
I'm finding it quite difficult to see what I'm taking when in lots of sunlight on my iPad mini.

I'm edging towards an anti glare sheet as I didn't want to haul around the big shield (I'm using the DJI hard shell backpack so it wouldn't fit inside)

Would it be sufficient to block enough light? Obviously I know it won't be as effective as the shield but I wanted people's opinions on whether it's worth getting the shield over the anti glare sheet or visa versa.

Cheers.

I found the only way to combat glare is a hood and also add an anti glare protector.
The combo is the only effective way to go imo.

hoodivision will fit in the hardshell either on the opposite side of the props or between the back and the inside on top of the tablet like shown here. I carry 2 tablets and the hoodivision in this spot -

The Hardshell review starts at 18:30

Reactions: Donald Chovanec
I've tried many different sheets and shades, all sheets did absolutely nothing in the open field. Shades were the same. The only one that absolutely works is the hoodman and is absolutely ugly too!!!
But it works great. Other shades that are open at the bottom allow a lot of light through. Or you can just drape a dark material over your head and the tablet, which is what I used to do.

I'm finding it quite difficult to see what I'm taking when in lots of sunlight on my iPad mini.

I'm edging towards an anti glare sheet as I didn't want to haul around the big shield (I'm using the DJI hard shell backpack so it wouldn't fit inside)

Would it be sufficient to block enough light? Obviously I know it won't be as effective as the shield but I wanted people's opinions on whether it's worth getting the shield over the anti glare sheet or visa versa.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have an ipad mini2. I had the same problem. I installed an anti-glare screen cover and bought a hood. It really didn't help, so I bought HeadPlay FPV goggles. Problem solved! =)

I use antiglare - by Tech Armour for an iPad Air. Pretty good, but it won't totally stop the glare. It helps if you wear dark clothing and angle the screen up vertically so it reflects your clothing instead of the sky. In bright sunlight, nothing really works.

I tried a hood, but it was total crap; the iPad kept falling off the holder as it basically made it thicker and the remote couldn't 'grip' it properly. And it always fell at a critical moment...

See www.ghost-armor.com
Often located within a kiosk, at your local shopping mall. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I use antiglare - by Tech Armour for an iPad Air. Pretty good, but it won't totally stop the glare. It helps if you wear dark clothing and angle the screen up vertically so it reflects your clothing instead of the sky. In bright sunlight, nothing really works.

I tried a hood, but it was total crap; the iPad kept falling off the holder as it basically made it thicker and the remote couldn't 'grip' it properly. And it always fell at a critical moment...

Thanks mate. I understand it won't stop all glare but I just wanted something that helps a little.

I'll try the anti glare sheet first thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I put an anti glare sheet on my iPad mini. It works very well. It's the most frustrating thing to install however...

Tech Armor. Comes as a three pack, around $9 on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is there an Australian equivalent? [emoji23][emoji23]

Can you link me to the actual item so I can try and find Aus reseller please mate?

Out Droning Photography
--------------------------
• Instagram: @out_droning
• Facebook.com/outdroningphotography

Is there an Australian equivalent? [emoji23][emoji23]

Can you link me to the actual item so I can try and find Aus reseller please mate?

Out Droning Photography

Search Ebay or Amazon for Tech Armour iPad and you'll find it.

Thanks for the reply lucky. I ended up getting the belkin anti glare as the tech armor wasn't readily available in Australia (for a reasonable price).

Out Droning Photography

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub