Anti glare filter or hood.

Reaction score
What would you guys recommend for an iPad, anti glare filter or a hood.
Any suggestions on where to buy. Found a filter on amazon for £1.95 but not sure of quality.

I made a sun shade out of black construction paper and packing tape. Cost about $2.50 total. All I did was measure the line around the bottom of the shield, then cut it. I creased it with a straight edge to make the corners straight and stiff then used the clear packing tape (that stuff sticks!) to attach it to the iPad. I first mounted the iPad to the holder bracket and then taped it all together. I had to cut out notches to access the on/off switch and the charging port but it works great. It was difficult to find one built for a full size iPad so I just made one.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

I made a sun shade out of black construction paper and packing tape. Cost about $2.50 total. All I did was measure the line around the bottom of the shield, then cut it. I creased it with a straight edge to make the corners straight and stiff then used the clear packing tape (that stuff sticks!) to attach it to the iPad. I first mounted the iPad to the holder bracket and then taped it all together. I had to cut out notches to access the on/off switch and the charging port but it works great. It was difficult to find one built for a full size iPad so I just made one.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
Awsome idea,im goin in shed to make one:)

Ianzone, yes it is not the prettiest one out there but I made it in a hurry. I plan on doing better on my next one. I am thinking about building one in kinda a funnel shape that extends out about 18 inches to have a place to stick my face in so I will be in mostly total darkness. I have not figured out exactly how to do it yet but it should not be too difficult. Afterall, it is a shame to pay $1088 for a drone and then use a $2.50 sun shade! :) But, being a ham radio operator for many years, I have learned to scrounge! If I do build one, I'll draw up some plans and make a few photos and post them here for others to copy. .

Happy flying!
Jim
WA5TEF

I bought the "Tantek Anti-Glare 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protector" from Amazon. IMHO it is no better with than without it, as far as glare reduction goes. I also bought a sunshade from Best Buy which works better than nothing, but could stand to be a little bigger.

I bought the "Tantek Anti-Glare 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protector" from Amazon. IMHO it is no better with than without it, as far as glare reduction goes. I also bought a sunshade from Best Buy which works better than nothing, but could stand to be a little bigger.

I don't really think any of those "anti-glare tempered glass protectors" will ever give you the desired results.

I use the tempered glass stuff on my phones and they really do give the screen some added strength/anti-scratch protection.

But for real anti-glare, a matte finish is the only way I'll go.

I made a sunshade too. Sing with me while you build
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ 5 dolla, 5 dolla sun shade ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Any, Any, Mini ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ 5 dolla, 5 dolla sun shade ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
FunN4Lo's blog - RC Groups

That post is from September 2015. Still looking good today

Wow! Yours looks better than mine! Now I will HAVE TO build me another one. I still have some of my black construction paper and have plenty of tape so all I need is time and motivation. Guess I'll work on that tomorrow. Good Job FunN4lo
Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers