Anti flyaway technique.

Mori55 said:
Rumlvr said:
Does the phantom come already programmed with the RTH function enabled right out of the box? Or does it have to be programmed in some other function?
Thanks Rob
Yes it does , just shut off the transmitter.

assuming we're talking about a Phantom 2, I would highly advise enabling manual failsafe as posted previously in this thread, rather than turning off the RC.

I mean Mori55 is right technically that would work, but I'd rather use the toggle switch on the remote and have the remote always be in contact with the Phantom... then you can just switch back to NormalFly whenever you want.

just my humble opinion, seems slightly safer than having the Phantom entirely lose contact with the RC and have to re-establish.

QYV said:
Mori55 said:
Rumlvr said:
Does the phantom come already programmed with the RTH function enabled right out of the box? Or does it have to be programmed in some other function?
Thanks Rob

assuming we're talking about a Phantom 2, I would highly advise enabling manual failsafe as posted previously in this thread, rather than turning off the RC.

I mean Mori55 is right technically that would work, but I'd rather use the toggle switch on the remote and have the remote always be in contact with the Phantom... then you can just switch back to NormalFly whenever you want.

just my humble opinion, seems slightly safer than having the Phantom entirely lose contact with the RC and have to re-establish.

I agree with QYV. I believe you are safer NEVER breaking the connection. Just one less thing to worry about

QYV said:
Mori55 said:
Rumlvr said:
Thanks Rob

I agree with QYV. I believe you are safer NEVER breaking the connection. Just one less thing to worry about.

I thought he was talking about if the P2+came with failsafe activated , flying phantom mode not naza mode. At least that's how I took it.
Of course I'd rather fly naza mode and flip a switch. Sorry my bad.

I have become quite skilled and not so thrilled with purposely loosing site of my bird and watching it fly home.

Things that allowed (even me) to keep such a cool toy.

:arrow: Activate switch X2 to be (safemode on bottom flip)
:arrow: Phantom does 2 (two) automatic Home Locks and flashes rapid green when it does. it will do this sometimes before it has reached max satellites or over 6.
:arrow: I always force a home lock by toggling between course and home lock 5 times semi-rapidly. You can even do this while props are running. If you are in between buildings or having a hard time with sats, you can even raise it in the air and then force a new homelock
:arrow: At first I would flip to fail safe and make sure it was not going to fly away, yet rather position itself over the intended location. When I was comfortable with that, I simply flipped back into gps or atti mode and playtime.
:arrow: If I lost my phantom I would flip into failsafe and after 10 seconds would flip to atti and simply push my stick forward. This gets it to you much faster than it travels on its own. NEVER TEMPT MANUAL out of sight, hell, best you don't tempt it at all unless you know what your doing (then be prepared to flip to gps real quick.) In my opinion, I would rather my X2 bottom position be FailSafe rather than Manual.

easternmike said:
I have become quite skilled and not so thrilled with purposely loosing site of my bird and watching it fly home.

Things that allowed (even me) to keep such a cool toy.

:arrow: Activate switch X2 to be (safemode on bottom flip)
:arrow: Phantom does 2 (two) automatic Home Locks and flashes rapid green when it does. it will do this sometimes before it has reached max satellites or over 6.
:arrow: I always force a home lock by toggling between course and home lock 5 times semi-rapidly. You can even do this while props are running. If you are in between buildings or having a hard time with sats, you can even raise it in the air and then force a new homelock
:arrow: At first I would flip to fail safe and make sure it was not going to fly away, yet rather position itself over the intended location. When I was comfortable with that, I simply flipped back into gps or atti mode and playtime.
:arrow: If I lost my phantom I would flip into failsafe and after 10 seconds would flip to atti and simply push my stick forward. This gets it to you much faster than it travels on its own. NEVER TEMPT MANUAL out of sight, hell, best you don't tempt it at all unless you know what your doing (then be prepared to flip to gps real quick.) In my opinion, I would rather my X2 bottom position be FailSafe rather than Manual.

I don't get your last point? In failsafe the Phantom returns a lot like Home Lock. It does not orient itself nose toward the home lock point. It just returns to the home point regardless of the the direction the nose is pointing. If you switch to Atti and push up on the stick, no telling what direction it will head. At least that is my experience with failsafe.

OI Photography said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
In regards to assigning 'FAILSAFE' to the lower position of S1 in PHANTOM mode, The assistant software will not allow me to do it. I have asked people in several posts for help, but they insist I am doing something wrong. If you would, could you list the procedure in detail how to set 'FAILSAFE' to S1 in PHANTOM mode? Connect USB cable to what etc.... Many thanks

1. Connect USB cable to PC and Phantom
2. Power on Phantom
3. Run P2 Assistant software on PC. Note: if you have to click "skip" to get past the loading screen, the software is not seeing your Phantom
4. In the pic below, click the menu indicated and the other option besides "Normal Fly" is "Failsafe" Note: if it doesn't let you choose/retain that option, the software is not seeing your Phantom.

YwYQzRrl.png

Ok... Followed all that to a T.... I let the software load until the green solid light came on and blue light is flickering. Went to BASIC - RC and there's nothing there at the bottom right :-( That only appears if I connect the USB cable to the transmitter!? Can access anything else but there's nothing there at the right when it's plugged into the Phantom.... Grrrrr

OI Photography said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
In regards to assigning 'FAILSAFE' to the lower position of S1 in PHANTOM mode, The assistant software will not allow me to do it. I have asked people in several posts for help, but they insist I am doing something wrong. If you would, could you list the procedure in detail how to set 'FAILSAFE' to S1 in PHANTOM mode? Connect USB cable to what etc.... Many thanks

1. Connect USB cable to PC and Phantom
2. Power on Phantom
3. Run P2 Assistant software on PC. Note: if you have to click "skip" to get past the loading screen, the software is not seeing your Phantom
4. In the pic below, click the menu indicated and the other option besides "Normal Fly" is "Failsafe" Note: if it doesn't let you choose/retain that option, the software is not seeing your Phantom.

YwYQzRrl.png

Okay, I have followed all the instructions.... The only time the 'control mode switch' slider bar thingo is visible is if the USB cable is connected to the Transmitter. If I connect to the Phantom, it recognizes the Phantom and solid green light is on & blue light is flickering, so I can access anything, except in BASIC/RC the bottom right of the screen is blank... I have uninstalled the software, re-installed it... Same. I give up, I'll just turn the transmitter off if I have to. Another bug in the DJI system.....

Phantom_Menace66 said:

This video shows you how to set the NAZA Assistant settings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6LPIRGm-uU

FLGulf said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:

Thanks but this assistant software is for the Phantom 1 & it is the NAZA assistant software. I was trying to assign failsafe in phantom mode

Phantom_Menace66 said:
FLGulf said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:

Thanks but this assistant software is for the Phantom 1 & it is the NAZA assistant software. I was trying to assign failsafe in phantom mode

I think you have to put the Tx in IOC mode first? Connect Tx to PC and run the RC assistant software to change...

quadcopter said:
I don't get your last point? In failsafe the Phantom returns a lot like Home Lock. It does not orient itself nose toward the home lock point. It just returns to the home point regardless of the the direction the nose is pointing. If you switch to Atti and push up on the stick, no telling what direction it will head. At least that is my experience with failsafe.

Failsafe, DOES in fact orientate itself turning itself nose forward home location.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31