Anti Flicker Stuck on 50 Hz

Reaction score
Updated the P3A today before a flight and noticed my Anti Flicker is now set to 50 Hz. No big deal right? Wrong. It doesn't want to let me change it. If I choose "auto" or "60" it simply reverts back to 50 hz immediately.

My band aid fix today was to record at 24 fps with 1/50 shutter to avoid any potential complications.

Anyone else run into this? Did a google search and only found 1 thread on this but no definitive remedy.

Updated the P3A today before a flight and noticed my Anti Flicker is now set to 50 Hz. No big deal right? Wrong. It doesn't want to let me change it. If I choose "auto" or "60" it simply reverts back to 50 hz immediately.

My band aid fix today was to record at 24 fps with 1/50 shutter to avoid any potential complications.

Anyone else run into this? Did a google search and only found 1 thread on this but no definitive remedy.

I've got the same thing happening and the footage looks like crap! Any help out there? I"ve been searching for hours!

The latest firmware update or perhaps even the second last one, corrected that anti flicker setting glitche. Mine was giving me that exact issue, so I raised the concern over at the. @dji forum and it was corrected the very next firmware update. This drone works like it should now, after I put it back on its correct 60Hz for northern hemishere, it stayed put.
Please keep updated for all the most recent fixes and improvements. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I have the latest firmware. I just went down the one before and that didn't change anything. I'm now going back to the P3x_FW_v 01.08.0080. I will see what's up after I install that. Hopefully it fixes the issue. Thanks for your response and help.

========== 2016.05.20 06:42:56 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2016.05.24 18:16:52 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...

Nothing has changed. Is there a way to factory reset the controller? could that be the issue?

Does this effect P3's running 1.6?

This drone works like it should now, after I put it back on its correct 60Hz for northern hemishere, it stayed put.

60 Hz for Northern hemisphere???? I blame it on that UFO traffic you've been posting.;)

power-grid.jpg

You know what I meant. ;-)
Anyways, See here: Anti Flicker settings
Eh, it might be in the camera settings. Eh? ;-)

RedHotPoker

To switch it you have to switch the camera out of manual to Auto first... Then switch the setting to your desired setting 60. Then it will take.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: kennedye
Just wondering if I set it to Auto, how does it know which is the correct setting? Or should I just set it to 60 HZ for USA?

You must manually set some some parameters to your liking, or region of the globe.
Let's get you up to speed. ;-)
Lots of helpful info...

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
I only use Go app, no Litchi experience. Having your camera set to Auto, doesn't adjust those sort of things. You must adjust those yourself. And have everything running when changing any of those important settings.
Watch the video? ;-)

RedHotPoker

I only use Go app, no Litchi experience. Having your camera set to Auto, doesn't adjust those sort of things. You must adjust those yourself. And have everything running when changing any of those important settings.
Watch the video? ;-)

RedHotPoker

Yes I watched that video many times. Didn't say anything about Auto. Anyway I will just keep it to 60 HZ. Just wanted to know what Auto was for. Why is it there if we have to choose either 50 or 60. Just curious.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj