Anti-drop scews or retainers are garbage

Reaction score
I've only flown my Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-2D three times and I managed to lose 2 anti drop screws (plastic). I notice that I was missing one prior to the second flight so I installed the spare. After the third flight, I noticed I was missing another. I thought about loctite, but that typically melts plastic. I noticed in some owner pics that some people are using zip ties which seems like a cheaper solution. It there any pros/cons in using the plastic anti-drop screws versus zip ties?

Sorry for this Newbie type question...

Zip ties work well. Just make sure to leave them real loose, so dampeners are not compressed by them.

Damon said:
Zip ties work well. Just make sure to leave them real loose, so dampeners are not compressed by them.

Do you run with only Zip Ties? I saw the pricetag on the replacement anti-drop screws and that is rediculous. I notice that the anti-drop screws for the H3-3D are only a couple of bucks. I wonder if they would fit?

I run zip ties on all four corners. Really you can get by with one. Its just an insurance policy if dampeners fail retention in flight. (Not likely to happen)

Are you sure you lost two of them? There are only 2 installed. If you install all 4 the gimbal will hit two of them.

kgarrison said:
Are you sure you lost two of them? There are only 2 installed. If you install all 4 the gimbal will hit two of them.

I'm not sure what model h3-2d you have but mine has 4 anti drop screws. I installed per directions. This video looks identical to mine. http://youtu.be/1dkn5Sz5swY

Mine is installed on phantom 2.

I run zip ties on all four corners. Really you can get by with one. Its just an insurance policy if dampeners fail retention in flight. (Not likely to happen)
The safeties keep the gimbal with the Phantom in case of a hard landing. What's really protected are the ribbon cables.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik