Anti Drop Pins

Reaction score
Hi. Just checking the bottom of my P3 standard and notice only two pins inserted to hold the gimbal to the unit. The other two slots have no pins. Is this normal or have they forgot to insert the other two pins

Hi. Just checking the bottom of my P3 standard and notice only two pins inserted to hold the gimbal to the unit. The other two slots have no pins. Is this normal or have they forgot to insert the other two pins
That's as designed.
The anti-drop pins are only insurance - you don't want the gimbal mount to be rigid.
i-ZDTpGVL-L.jpg

I loosely attached plastic zip ties in the other holes. The idea behind that is it'll prevent the gimbal from completely detaching from my Phantom if I crash.

Two pins are stock and have seemed to be sufficient. I have two Phantoms one I added two zip ties to the free holes. Been flying both for over a year and have seen no difference in the two. Both are holding fine with just the stock pins.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi, newly here and possibly stupid as well! I too added the extra pins to my P3S, now I have four in place. Silly question: should I remove the extra two? Thanks

Reactions: loonie01
To be even more pedantic, people really mean "Jell-O".

Reactions: DaveD and TerenceM
You can see the reason it's called Jell-O in my Ar.Drone video here:

It has to do with osicallations in motion that are similar in frequency to the effective video line rate, so that you see the difference between the 2 freqs in the image.

I did fix the Jell-Oing on AR.Drone by balancing props with nail polish. Got that bird in 2012, was thinking about doing mods over Christmas break, but when the projected mod-cost got to about P3S level, I jumped to Phantom Standard instead. Still want to get both drones in the air taking video of each other at the same time. Guess I need 2 smart phones...

Hi, newly here and possibly stupid as well! I too added the extra pins to my P3S, now I have four in place. Silly question: should I remove the extra two? Thanks
They can be removed without damage if you choose.
Push the disk further onto the shaft, (which opens the little clips that lock the disk on the shaft) and leave it a for couple of minutes. Then pop the disc back off very quickly.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj