Anti Drop Pins

Reaction score
Is there way of removing the anti drop pins without breaking them?

Yes ... but it's difficult
That's why they give you extras - and you can buy more.
Do you just get behind it and use a lot of pressure or what ?

Reactions: dirkclod
There good ! Like that better than the plastic ones .How folk's say one fell off beats me I just need to know if anyone has a trick to get them off . Can order some for later but need to remove it now
for something .
Thanks Jeff ;)

Reactions: Jeff48920
Dirk. Some guys have used narrow gauge electric wire zip ties in a pinch. Just make sure you leave them loose enough that the weight of the gimbal is carried by the rubber mounts not the ties.

Dirk. Some guys have used narrow gauge electric wire zip ties in a pinch. Just make sure you leave them loose enough that the weight of the gimbal is carried by the rubber mounts not the ties.
I use those tie's on the other 2 just for safety .Am trying something and just trying to see if they can be took off and replaced back .
There on there good :rolleyes:

I've never been able to slip them back through. I've even tried a little petroleum jelly. I think the problem is that the holes have a very slight taper when connecting but you hit the flat side when trying to reverse the process. I just cut them off when I replaced them.

The holes also are made up of 4 tabs that spread and then snap closed. I personally can think of no way these things would ever break on their own unless crashed hard.

I've never been able to slip them back through. I've even tried a little petroleum jelly. I think the problem is that the holes have a very slight taper when connecting but you hit the flat side when trying to reverse the process. I just cut them off when I replaced them.
Yea ..afraid that's what I'm gonna have to-do . Was just hoping :rolleyes:
Thanks Jeff ;)

Yes you can remove them without breaking them. Watch this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
at 0:40. It's kind of a pain though. Hint: a small flathead screwdriver to help pry greatly helps.

Yes you can remove them without breaking them. Watch this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
at 0:40. It's kind of a pain though. Hint: a small flathead screwdriver to help pry greatly helps.
Are they reusable after this method? It looks like the tabs get stretched out of shape and can't hold the pin. Thanks for posting this.

How he get's it to just fall out gets me !!! But thanks for that video as it showed me something else I needed :)
Jeff I don't know and was gonna tell ya but still couldn't get that sucker out :rolleyes: I have 2 more but was gonna just reuse those .
Think I will just cut them off when I remove the camera :)
monker thumbup.gif

Reactions: Jeff48920

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers