Anti-Drop Kit

Reaction score
Hi;

I was just reading through the P3 Manual again looking for tidbits and noticed that it said that "two pins have been mounted prior to shipping."

Now, I took that to mean that all four rubber mounts should have those plastic pins installed and so I installed the other two.

It went on to say (after I installed the other two pins,) that the pins should be installed diagonally from each other which sounds like only two pins are required in this Anti-Drop Kit.

Can anyone tell me if I should remove the extra two pins I installed or will the Anti-Drop Kit be alright with all four pins installed?

I would be thankful for any help on this.

Regards

Bud

It went on to say (after I installed the other two pins,) that the pins should be installed diagonally from each other which sounds like only two pins are required in this Anti-Drop Kit.
Can anyone tell me if I should remove the extra two pins I installed or will the Anti-Drop Kit be alright with all four pins installed?
Two is all you need and how it was designed.
The anti-drop pins don't hold the gimbal and are just insurance.
Using 4 may reduce the free movement a little?

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Bud

Hi;

I was just reading through the P3 Manual again looking for tidbits and noticed that it said that "two pins have been mounted prior to shipping."

Now, I took that to mean that all four rubber mounts should have those plastic pins installed and so I installed the other two.

I would be thankful for any help on this.

Regards

Bud

Hi, and thank you for your qick reply. Most appreciated.

Bud

Two is all you need and how it was designed.
The anti-drop pins don't hold the gimbal and are just insurance.
Using 4 may reduce the free movement a little?

I bought a used P3P & it only had 2 of the hard clear plastic locking pins(opposite corners, diagonally) & it has been on the back of my mind about if i'm missing 2 or if this is how it was supposed to be. I feel better knowing people are flying with only 2 pins. My video has been looking great since day 1 so i haven't changed it.
so 2 is just fine then correct?

I bought a used P3P & it only had 2 of the hard clear plastic locking pins(opposite corners, diagonally) & it has been on the back of my mind about if i'm missing 2 or if this is how it was supposed to be. I feel better knowing people are flying with only 2 pins. My video has been looking great since day 1 so i haven't changed it.
so 2 is just fine then correct?
As stated above, just 2 pins is the normal set-up.

Hmm...sounds a bit insecure to fly with only 2. I recommend all 4; replacements are easy to find online.

Hmm...sounds a bit insecure to fly with only 2. I recommend all 4; replacements are easy to find online.
You might recommend it but DJI don't.
i-ZDTpGVL-L.jpg

The anti-drop pins aren't to hold the gimbal in place.
They are just insurance in case there is a problem with the dampers which are what holds the gimbal on.
You want tour gimbal to be free rather than locked in place.

Hmmm...I defer to experts. But my P3S came with all four, from the factory. Perhaps either approach is OK.

Mine came installed with 2 here too, i actually scrapped them in favor of cable ties, so there is more travel.

I went through the same issue . I installed two more pins and it dose not effect the camera in any way.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

2 pins is sufficient, it is just for safety (a) and it should not limit the effect of the 4 dampers.
I prefer 2 plastic ties.

As stated above, just 2 pins is the normal set-up.
How can I remove the pins without cutting them? I have a gimbal disconnected message. And I was told I would need to remove them to check the cable to the camera. I have no image on my iPad, but other than no image. Everything appears to be functioning normally.

How can I remove the pins without cutting them? I have a gimbal disconnected message. And I was told I would need to remove them to check the cable to the camera. I have no image on my iPad, but other than no image. Everything appears to be functioning normally.
Some said that if you fully closed it and then take it out it is possible. That's sound too risky.
I preferred to cut them and replace them by plastic tie (2). They have to be not tight so they are loose and leave full freedom to the gimbal to move.
2016-08-17 21.56.14a.jpg

I don't know that I would say they were fully closed.
Push the clip further ON to the pin and let it sit for a few minutes. The plastic on the clip will hold the new expanded shape (to a degree) allowing a quick pull off.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

I tied loops of mason's twine loosely through the empty two rubber isolators as a precaution, and tucked the knots into the isolators. Don't put any tension on those, just loose loops. Adds almost no weight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan