Anti Drop Kit

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm hopefully receiving my P2V+ today, and in reading the manual it's a little ambiguous about the Anti Drop Kit.

Basically, these are the little posts between the gimbal and the gimbal mount.

It says that 2 come installed out of the box. However, it doesn't really say whether or not the other two need to be installed. The package comes with 2 extra posts - are these supposed to be installed on the other two corners that don't have the Anti-drop kit installed? Or are the 2 pre-installed ones enough and the ones they give you in the bag are just spares?

Please let me know what your thoughts are.
Thanks!
-Jeff.

I think I will install the 2 "spares" on the other 2 mounts. I am not sure when I would install them as spares. When the others break it is perhaps too late. I think 4 is safer than 2. Agreed?

BlackTracer said:
I think I will install the 2 "spares" on the other 2 mounts. I am not sure when I would install them as spares. When the others break it is perhaps too late. I think 4 is safer than 2. Agreed?

I think they only install two of them to try and get less vibration transfer from the phantom to the camera. Install the other two and let us know if the video has any jello or vibration in it.

MikesTooLz said:
BlackTracer said:

I think they only install two of them to try and get less vibration transfer from the phantom to the camera. Install the other two and let us know if the video has any jello or vibration in it.

No. I will not be your guinea pig Mr.TooLz. I have changed my mind I am not installing them. lol

i put small zip ties through the front connections (loose, so they don't interfere with the rubber bumpers) and on the back i put in a loop of kite string. this keeps the gimbal from totally coming loose so that it is somewhat protected by the legs in case of a crash. (haha...."in case")

happydogs said:
i put small zip ties through the front connections (loose, so they don't interfere with the rubber bumpers) and on the back i put in a loop of kite string. this keeps the gimbal from totally coming loose so that it is somewhat protected by the legs in case of a crash. (haha...."in case")

Why would you not use the zip-ties on all four? I put them on all four mounts of my ex-P2V.

great question...on the pv2 there is room under the gimbal for the zips...the back two mounts on the zenmuse are flush with the body of the phantom and the screws are so short there really isn't room..but a string will kind of mash down.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj