Anti Drone Police radio gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
There is now technology that allows law enforcement agencies to control without destroying them drones flying in restricted or unauthorized areas.
That way the police can prevent some bad guys use the drone technology to harm people. I think it is a good idea.
On this video they use a Phantom to demostrate this new weapon.

Had to know this stuff was coming. I'm curious what the FCC has to say about something like this. Not sure what help it would be for the machines that don;t have a return to home feature. Seems like just keeping it hover doesn't really solve anything other than making it a stationary target to blow out of the sky.

Reactions: kaybee1
Couple issues with this:

1. Why does everything the police put in there hands look like it's designed to kill a human being? Does this REALLY need to be mounted on an AR-15 frame? Seriously? I feel like it'd be a fraction of the cost of it were just a solid molded plastic body. The police state is alive and healthy.
  2. Without a special FCC ruling, use of this device, I believe, would be a federal violation. Intentional jamming of ANY frequency is strictly prohibited. I'm sure there are exceptions for military but doubt there is anything on the books for law enforcement.
In terms of circumventing this device, I vote for down-converting both sides to 900mhz. You'll be well outside the useful range of this jammer and could still be in a legal ISM band. Hell, you'd even pick up better range by dropping to 900mhz.

I think it's time to build up some down-converters! Legal or not, these anti-drone 'guns' will be used and, like every other tool police abuse, this will be no exception. Best to stay one step ahead of the state sanctioned organized criminals!

This has been discussed here. Be sure and check the search or look at the suggested post at the bottom as you are crafting yours. ;)
Thread closed. Please comment further here - Fear this!!!! (Drone Gun) | DJI Phantom Forum

duplicate_content.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl