Anti-drone laser system

Which 007 movie was that again? LOL

Goldfinger and Moonraker both have notable laser moments. But the real shooting things with lasers movie is Real Genius. Classic.

Anyway, knocking out small objects with lasers has been possible for some time. I'd bet it's already deployed at a number of high value targets.

I suspect tech companies are already designing (or already have) hand operated 2.4 and 5.8 focused beam jammers to effect the phantom causing RTH or flyaway behavior.

Ah maybe that's the root cause of posted flyaways ;)

Let the conspiracy theories begin.

RF jammers exist but are seriously illegal and not very focused or powerful. And they wouldn't stop a Phantom on a mission.

I watched a National News (US) story the other day and the point of contact for NYPD was asking for a way to effectively take control or disable the drone in flight.

If they are asking for it, I'm sure there are defense technology companies seeing $$$$

I'm not against police using the technology under certain circumstances. But who is liable when they drop it on the heads of pedestrians below? Plus there would be no proof they used such technology.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers