Anti csc things?

And another one that is a frequent one is asking if they pull the left stick (only) down all the way if it will shut down the motors. How many times have you answered that msinger? LOL
Oh, at least 7 times ;)
"At least 7 times," he said with a smirk.
What's your real guess? 100 times?

Well, I have over 100 flights, almost a million and a half feet and have never even come close to a accidental CSC.. Can't really see why someone would do it flying, unless they get in a panic situation involving loss of control. It's not just flying backward and down, it's backward and down while banking to the left and yawing to the right.. No one would ever need to do that in flight.

Last edited:
Or, flying backward and descending quickly at the same time. The latter is certainly not chimp-like at all.
It's not simply flying backward and descending quickly at all.
CSC is a lot more than that.
You have to be descending in a max-speed corkscrew at the same time as flying backwards-sideways at max speed.
A thread like this appears every few weeks... and, the big debate starts all over again from scratch. As much as you want to believe nobody could possibly accidentally do a CSC, it continues to happen month after month.
Yes a thread like this appears every couple of weeks because it's an exciting concept that scares new flyers.
Lots will chime in to say how crazy it is and how it scares them but experienced flyers know it's not a problem and don't worry about it.
What doesn't happen every couple of weeks is a thread with someone reporting an accidental CSC.
Threads like that are really rare - and usually:
1. because the flyer had not read the manual
2; they were flying like the proverbial crazy chimp​
Accidental CSC is much talked about but is so rare it's a non-event.

Accidental CSC is much talked about but is so rare it's a non-event.
I know you often like to claim this is a super rare event. Do you have any numbers to back up that statement? (I'm just curious.)

I know you often like to claim this is a super rare event. Do you have any numbers to back up that statement? (I'm just curious.)
Sorry .. no hard numbers but off the top of my head I'd guess that an actual CSC in flight thread might turn up about every three months - and when the details come out, most aren't normal flight at all.

I have read of quite a few people on the Facebook groups and forums entering the csc stick commands in mid air.

It is an old fashioned method that needs to be changed to a combination of button/sticks that would not be pressed in error by a beginner/someone who hasn't read the manual.

It is an old fashioned method that needs to be changed to a combination of button/sticks that would not be pressed in error by a beginner/someone who hasn't read the manual.
DJI have heard that 1000 times before but aren't going to change it.
Anyone that doesn't read the manual and goes ahead flying a sophisticated flying machine is probably going to come unstuck one way or another anyway.

you need to be flying like a crazy chimp to pull off a csc mid flight
(I'm no native english-speaker, so I hope I write it correctly)
I agree with that only partially. Because:
1. You will be flying your Phantom, someone can accidently nudge you or scare you, you will frighten and your hands/fingers can make uncontrolled moves, including CSC.
2. You will want to use "Follow me" mode to record you doing some biking stuff, so you put your RC + Phone into bag, put it on your back and... you never know what can happen with sticks.

(I'm no native english-speaker, so I hope I write it correctly)
I agree with that only partially. Because:
1. You will be flying your Phantom, someone can accidently nudge you or scare you, you will frighten and your hands/fingers can make uncontrolled moves, including CSC.
2. You will want to use "Follow me" mode to record you doing some biking stuff, so you put your RC + Phone into bag, put it on your back and... you never know what can happen with sticks.
1 you should not have people close to you if you are easily frightened or if they can bump into you.
2 secure your remote to the outside of your bag securely with the sticks not touching anything

The great debate. Meanwhile, DJI is sitting back chowing down on some popcorn thinking about how they are never going to modify this feature.
frankwangsmiling.jpg
Noodles

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I'm firmly in the camp that it requires an unusual stick combination that is very unlikely to happen. I also believe that the folks that are scared about doing it.. won't do it because they are aware. Lastly, I believe it should be modified. It should be the users preference on how they want to kill the motors on their Phantom.

You're welcome :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4