Anti csc things?

Reaction score
So I am afraid of one day doing a csc in the middle of flight, so I wanted to know is there anything like something I can put on the bottom of the sticks so they won't touch the corners so I won't loose 1000 dollars lol thanks for the help

So I am afraid of one day doing a csc in the middle of flight, so I wanted to know is there anything like something I can put on the bottom of the sticks so they won't touch the corners so I won't loose 1000 dollars lol thanks for the help
Thanks for reminding me as I just ordered 2 as well for both of my P3s. I'm not so worried about me but the other day I let my neighbor fly around the back forty looking for his dog and although I told him not to do a CSC one never knows. We did find the dog and he never did a CSC but I thought this would be good so when people are using it that aren't really familiar with the controls.

As a very wise man in here used to always say, you need to be flying like a crazy chimp to pull off a csc mid flight. Fly normally and it will never happen.

Reactions: dirkclod and SCGENE
As a very wise man in here used to always say, you need to be flying like a crazy chimp to pull off a csc mid flight
Or, flying backward and descending quickly at the same time. The latter is certainly not chimp-like at all.

As a very wise man in here used to always say, you need to be flying like a crazy chimp to pull off a csc mid flight. Fly normally and it will never happen.
Yea, but crazy chimps like to fly once in awhile as well. Remember Ham, the astrochimp, flew back in 1960 or 61 I believe. Then again maybe before your time.

You mean flying backwards to the left or right while descending and yawing quickly, sounds very crazy chimp like to me
200w (3).gif

Funny GIFs aside, it's a real problem.

CSC is there for a reason and in my opinion has been implemented in a very clever way. I think the stick positions are absolutely perfect to perform one.

An accidental CSC isn't the problem, new flyers not reading the manual and making themselves aware of CSC is though. Once you understand what a CSC is and how it is initiated you wont pull one off accidentally.

Or, flying backward and descending quickly at the same time. The latter is certainly not chimp-like at all.

That only equates to 2 of the 4 channels being commanded to their full deflection [in the correct 'pattern'].

Flying r/c aircraft requires skill.
Experience teaches that CSC is not an accident waiting to happen but an efficient use of available functions.

You're more likely to need an Emergency Stop (CSC) than to iniate CSC accidentally.

You're more likely to need an Emergency Stop (CSC) than to iniate CSC accidentally.
A thread like this appears every few weeks... and, the big debate starts all over again from scratch. As much as you want to believe nobody could possibly accidentally do a CSC, it continues to happen month after month.

A csc isnt going to happen if a new pilot has read the manual and takes all of 30 seconds to read the part about csc so I stand by the crazy chimp flying scenario

The great debate. Meanwhile, DJI is sitting back chowing down on some popcorn thinking about how they are never going to modify this feature.

The reason I got the anti-csc blocks was when I let my neighbor use it I showed him how to raise/lower with the left stick and go for/rev & left - right with the right stick. I told him not to pull them both down and in/out at the same time which he didn't. But never used a remote before you have no idea what they will do. So the block will be a safety feature I can turn to enable it when I let somebody like him use it. Granted I was right there and the P3 was only like 200-300' away.

I agree msininger the topic comes up now and then. And another one that is a frequent one is asking if they pull the left stick (only) down all the way if it will shut down the motors. How many times have you answered that msinger? LOL

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
They say if it ain't broke don't fix it, but in this case it would be better if you could alter it in some minor fashion to do just that upon demand. Example, some sort of snap line that when greater pressure is applied than used to operate during normal control, it would give. In an actual emergency you may want to perform an oh **** stop the blades. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

They say if it ain't broke don't fix it, but in this case it would be better if you could alter it in some minor fashion to do just that upon demand. Example, some sort of snap line that when greater pressure is applied than used to operate during normal control, it would give. In an actual emergency you may want to perform an oh **** stop the blades. Just a thought.

It's been in operation on all NINE versions of the Phantom right all the way back to the phantom 1 and also on the Inspire. A simple read of the manual that your motors will turn off if you do a CSC should be more than enough for any new pilot to be wary of this. If not you shouldnt be flying.

True, but when in the right place, with tons of room, when I am teaching the grandkids, I would feel so much better having this in place . Presently they only get to touch one stick. It would be a great training tool. Not as good as a trainer cord, but I would feel better knowing they couldn't shut down the props. I think it has its place. Clean and simple design, like it!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4