Anti collision strobes w/remote on/off?

Reaction score
Has anyone come across an anti-collision strobe light that is compliant with part 107 daylight waivers?

I would like it to be operated remotely to turn them off for short periods of time to capture a photo or video. I was thinking it would be perfect if it had a photoelectric switch that could be attached to the drones on board lights. When I hit the switch to turn off the on board lights.... The strobe turns off as well.

Reactions: FunN4lo
There are discussions here as well as a sample schematic for switching using the under-arm lights to trigger it with a photo-resistor. Sorry I can't link it but maybe a search will yield results.

LumeCube is about it. Bluetooth on mine off their phone app is good to 100 feet that I've used and depends on your Bluetooth transmitter and may go further too. The app has a signal strength meter on it to gauge when it will begin to fail. Works well as a flash for the camera their free app comes with that turns them on, and then the camera fires a second later as long as you are fairly close.

For night time location of the drone they are good, but for photos I gave up as you need to be close ( <12-15 feet ) and high ISO too which brings in more noise and deal with the spotlight pattern with the wide angle drone lens. P4 Pro might be a bit better suited for the higher ISO but it still will be a small spotlighted area. Purplish too unless filtered in post or with a gel.

With their mounts they are pretty heavy (300 grams for a pair with mounts.) and cut your flight time down a bit too, maybe by a third. Supposedly they are coming out with a smaller set soon, but likely a less bright LED too. Overall, I'm not impressed with LED for still photo work verses a strong electronic flash or sunlight.

LumeCube is about it. Bluetooth on mine off their phone app is good to 100 feet that I've used and depends on your Bluetooth transmitter and may go further too. The app has a signal strength meter on it to gauge when it will begin to fail. Works well as a flash for the camera their free app comes with that turns them on, and then the camera fires a second later as long as you are fairly close.

For night time location of the drone they are good, but for photos I gave up as you need to be close ( <12-15 feet ) and high ISO too which brings in more noise and deal with the spotlight pattern with the wide angle drone lens. P4 Pro might be a bit better suited for the higher ISO but it still will be a small spotlighted area. Purplish too unless filtered in post or with a gel.

With their mounts they are pretty heavy (300 grams for a pair with mounts.) and cut your flight time down a bit too, maybe by a third. Supposedly they are coming out with a smaller set soon, but likely a less bright LED too. Overall, I'm not impressed with LED for still photo work verses a strong electronic flash or sunlight.

That might be fine on a P2 vision plus but not on a P2 non-vision because of frequency interference.

There are discussions here as well as a sample schematic for switching using the under-arm lights to trigger it with a photo-resistor. Sorry I can't link it but maybe a search will yield results.
I've been searching....and I probably just suck at keyword searches.... But I haven't found anything yet.

Try searching for flytron 1watt led strobe. I purchased one and was approved for night waiver flights from FAA.

Has anyone come across an anti-collision strobe light that is compliant with part 107 daylight waivers?

I would like it to be operated remotely to turn them off for short periods of time to capture a photo or video. I was thinking it would be perfect if it had a photoelectric switch that could be attached to the drones on board lights. When I hit the switch to turn off the on board lights.... The strobe turns off as well.

I was thinking the same thing as you, for turning night-time strobes on/off. These guys set up is the closest thing I have found in my search. They have the photoelectric set up to turn on their servo system with the drones red lights.

We wouldn't need all of the set up. I thought I would try to contact them about buying part of it. But I have not yet.
Gimbal-Guard

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic