Anti clockwise spin

Reaction score
One thing I noticed after fitting new motors and ESC's to my P2Z is a tendency to spin anti clockwise when climbing straight up. I recalibrated everything after fitting the new parts and again after its first flight but this problem persists.

I can counter it with a little sideways tweak on the joystick but I'd prefer if it didn't do this.

Is there any adjustment I need to make ? Other than re calibrate

One thing I noticed after fitting new motors and ESC's to my P2Z is a tendency to spin anti clockwise when climbing straight up. I recalibrated everything after fitting the new parts and again after its first flight but this problem persists.

I can counter it with a little sideways tweak on the joystick but I'd prefer if it didn't do this.

There is no adjustments that you can make to correct the situation

1) What motors did you put in 2312?

2) If so were all the ESC board x2.1?

3) Check that the wiring is correct for the and that ccw motors are in the right positions. ccw front to the right and rear to the left.
IMG_1549.jpg

Maybe a bad prop?

Thanks guys. I can confirm all motors were fitted correctly and rotate in the correct direction the motors are 2312 and ESC's are all v2.1. The props are brand new DJI. I'll have another go at calibration before I start tearing my hair out :) it only shows when I climb fast and I can adjust it out but it is annoying if I forget and the video spins

Not that I'm aware of but it's possible the screwdriver was magnetised. Are you thinking the compass might need demagnetised

Thanks guys. I can confirm all motors were fitted correctly and rotate in the correct direction the motors are 2312 and ESC's are all v2.1. The props are brand new DJI. I'll have another go at calibration before I start tearing my hair out :) it only shows when I climb fast and I can adjust it out but it is annoying if I forget and the video spins

Not that I'm aware of but it's possible the screwdriver was magnetised. Are you thinking the compass might need demagnetised

That screwdriver would only effect the compass and it was the one that came with the P2 wouldn't bother the compass. I just replaced my shell and guess what screwdriver I used to remove the compass.

That spinning around as you climb fast sounds like you may be add some yaw to it without realizing it.

If it's to be assumed the the flight controller, motors, ESCs, and props have been absolutely ruled out, what else could it be, except a bad controller? But if you've run the Phantom Assistant software and verified that your controller is properly calibrated (at least as far as the software is concerned), what else is left? I'm guessing here, and maybe grasping straws. Just a thought from the back porch step!

In assistant software, what value is showing under the Tools menu for the compass "Mod"?

Just to update those who offered helpful advice. After a few flights I reset everything and recalibrated and the problem seems to have disappeared. Happy flying :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20