Antennas & RotorPixel Gimbal

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the FPVLR antennas on their P2V for better FPV and have the RotorPixel gimbal also installed?
I am wondering with the antenna wires coming out of the camera to the antennas, they may cause problems with the RotorPixel gimbal's moving.

Geert,
Where did you bring the wires out of the camera?

Yes, I did watch that video at one time. It also brought up my thoughts of the cables messing up the great operation of the RotorPixel gimbal. I was able to get to around 5,500 feet away at 420 feet up in a wifi free area yesterday, but lost FPV on an intermittent basis. At least I know now that with your install it can be done without any problem.

Not a RotorPixel, but this is how I did mine (same idea).
(Small slit in the camera case where both ends come together.)

Attachments

• IMAG2154.jpg
    IMAG2154.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 445
That is interesting. Another good idea.
I just came back from the beach. A wifi free area. At 420 feet up and the quad sideways to me so the camera antenna was facing me, I got to 8,000 feet with control and FPV. As soon as I turned the quad, FPV died. So a camera mod sure would make a difference.

Geert said:
I think it is a good idea to do this camera mod and I found it very easy to do.
Just make sure you have the Ufl to RP-SMA cable ( 30cm male) for P2V camera. Then you just have to unplug the connector on the little green wifi board inside the camera and connect this with the Ufl to RP-SMA cable ( 30cm male) for P2V camera and you are done.

Geert./.
If that "little green wifi board" is the one I am thinking about, it looked like a real bummer of a job. That is where you have to move the lens out of the way, bend two plastic posts out of the way to get to the U.fl connectors?

dirkclod said:
Have ya got a proplem with little green boards happy ;)
Only when DJI puts "black goo of death" on them. Or puts them under a bunch of other parts making it hard to get to. :cool:

That would be a much better way to go.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl