Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Antenna

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by rapunzel4771, Aug 15, 2014.

1. rapunzel4771

My girlfriend has been digging into new antenna for my set up. Have had some recommendations already but want to know what anyone thinks of these for my black pearl and immersion.

2x
    http://www.amazon.com/Circular-Wireless ... B00GP5ECGC

1x
    http://www.amazon.com/Circular-Wireless ... 7T7NTJKNVM

Specs
    Right Hand Circular Polarized (RHCP) omnidirectional antenna with traditional 360 degree radiation pattern, ideal for use on a video transmitter for long range FPV. Combined with another Skew Planar Wheel Antenna on the video receiver offers up to 2 km of FPV range. Combined with a helical antenna, can provide up to 6 km FPV range.

Tia Jayne

2. Damon

Visit FPVLR.COM good antennas!

3. HarryT

How far is your control range? Although I agree that having an FPV range that's longer than your control range is a sensible precaution, if your control range is 1km, a 6km FPV range is perhaps a little unnecessary?

4. Damon

Better to buy best at first. Trust me, as I now have a spare patch panel and two immersonRC mushrooms and they would get static at 600 meters in my environment.

5. bas4241

Ahh...but you are forgetting about Ground Station use. With Ground Station, you can fly well beyond control range, and if you still have fpv it is a big bonus (and very comforting)!