Antenna upgrade help

Reaction score
So i'm looking to upgrade all the stock antennas. Need a little help.

First off i'm not looking to gain crazy distance. Just want solid connections at maybe 3000' total distance. My biggest problem is that there are lots of other wifi signals in my area. Don't want to spend the money on FPVLR.

Controller -
one U.FL Mini PCI to RP-SMA Pigtail 6 inch
what antenna should i get? 2.4 or 5.8? RHCP Pinwheel? omni 5dbi?

WiFi extended -
two U.FL Mini PCI to RP-SMA Pigtail 3-6 inch
what antennas should i get? 2.4 or 5.8? LHCP Pinwheel? One Pinwheel and one omni 5dbi?

Bird camera -
two U.FL Mini PCI to RP-SMA Pigtail 8 inch
2 LHCP 2.4ghz pinwheels, one 90° and one straight

Bird receiver
two U.FL Mini PCI to RP-SMA Pigtail 8 inch
2 RHCP pinwheels 5.8GHz, one 90° connector and one straight

Really appreciate all the help. Been all over watching videos and reading posts on here. Just need a little help before i order everything.

Funny you say that. I just ordered that this afternoon. Looks great and solves my pilot side antenna upgrade.

So now birdside both video and receiver. And advice?

Funny you say that. I just ordered that this afternoon. Looks great and solves my pilot side antenna upgrade.

So now birdside both video and receiver. And advice?

Wish I could help you there but I'm still learning. Hopefully the novices speak up because I'd like to know my options as well.

Do you guys think i would gain anything by adding 4 - 6dbi omni directional antennas to the outside of the bird? I ordered the DBS itelite for the pilot side. Just want to upgrade the bird.

Be careful on the bird side... don't change the 5.8gHz rx antennas... it's totally unnecessary for the distance you are talking about...

There's a conundrum here... you don't have your ground station setup yet... but you are already talking about Modding the bird side.

You should try and do things in steps... the ground panel will must likely give you exactly what you need and no mods to the bird will be necessary... if you do all your steps at the same time then it's hard to pin down a problem if things aren't working properly.

My neighborhood has tons of interference. I'm lucky to get 500ft altitude before I lose signal. So with the DBS ienlite i might get 1000'. Still looking for more. That is why i want to go ahead now and upgrade the bird antennas. Don't see that as being a problem.

Want to upgrade the bird antennas similar to what is on the FPVLR stage 3 mod. Put 4 cloverleaf antennas on the outside. I think it will help with my signal issues.

Want to upgrade the bird antennas similar to what is on the FPVLR stage 3 mod. Put 4 cloverleaf antennas on the outside.

If you are going to put all cloverleafs on your Phantom... then you might as well not get the itelite DBS Phantom... you are changing your bird to full circular polarization and the DBS Phantom Panel isn't set up that way.

I thought it would give me a better signal coming off the bird. What antennas would work with the DBS since i have already pre ordered?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj