Antenna Upgrade for vPlus

Reaction score
This antenna does not cost that much and looks like it's worth checking out. Does anyone use this antenna, if so what has the results been with it?

TACO 3D POWER 5.8GHz Remote Antenna Upgrade kit

Attachments

• tacoant.JPG
    tacoant.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 1,459
flyNfrank said:
This antenna does not cost that much and looks like it's worth checking out. Does anyone use this antenna, if so what has the results been with it?

An excellent choice, priced right. Great distance control for a directional panel antenna. I hadn't realized much better with some of the other more expensive mod. adaptions. Probably could have saved a bunch of money using this antenna for control, and simply improving on the 2.4G side of the system, IMO.

I actually bought this antenna and have it ready for install. I plan to put it on the new gimbal controller once I can feel like I wont mess up on the install. I have to check my notes on removing white hot glue again.

On ebay, search for:

I bought the same antenna but it was a clone I think.. only cost $15 on ebay. It looks the exact same, screws are in the same place etc.. wouldn't be surprised if they all come from the same factory....
Anyways it was crap... once I got to 400ft high the antenna would cut out. I could get good horizontal range, but vertical was useless.
Perhaps i was broken or something.. all the connections Looked fine... I also tried the same looking antenna but it had the plastic around the antenna (its the black L shaped one in the picture).. that actually worked better.

Anywyays in the end I went with this 16db LHCP antenna.. Works great.. huge range and was only like $25AUD from ebay.. Could get 850 feet vertical without issues.. I stopped the test cause I was scared and that altitude is stoopid and dangerous...

antenna.jpg

Let us know what results you get with the antenna.. I've bought like 8 from ebay to test.. and the LHCP 16db I posted up seems to work the best.
Its a copy of some fancy $65 LHCP antenna.. I can;'t remember the brand.

*edit* heres a few of my antenna's I've tried...The LHCP is the one attached to RC controller. The GF seems to have moved the other 4 hmm....
Curious if the real thing/your one is any better??? Let us know how you go. I know you will be able to test it a lot better than I have.
There have been a few threads about this antenna you have and no one ever posts up the results.

BTW... Do you know what type of antenna the 2 on the phantom are.. LHCP.. directional.. etc etc... ?? Been trying to figure it out for months... No one wants to tell me hehe... I think I read some where they are LHCP.. but I would of thought the antennas would be curly.. So hmmm..

flyNfrank said:

I bought that one to try since it was so cheap. Tried it for a day and then put the FPVLR spiral back on. It was OK, but not as good as the FPVLR

I have tested some antenna's, mixed results. (like not better than stock)
Now i ordered the FPVLR stage 3 kit, expensive, yes, but i hope it works like advertised, then i am a happy guy.
The reasen for chosing a know solution, is that i don't have the time and guts anymore, to experiment with these unknown antenna's. And the bird is to expensive to lose it....

I bought the same antenna but it was a clone I think.. only cost $15 on ebay. It looks the exact same, screws are in the same place etc.. wouldn't be surprised if they all come from the same factory....
Anyways it was crap... once I got to 400ft high the antenna would cut out. I could get good horizontal range, but vertical was useless.
Perhaps i was broken or something.. all the connections Looked fine... I also tried the same looking antenna but it had the plastic around the antenna (its the black L shaped one in the picture).. that actually worked better.

Anywyays in the end I went with this 16db LHCP antenna.. Works great.. huge range and was only like $25AUD from ebay.. Could get 850 feet vertical without issues.. I stopped the test cause I was scared and that altitude is stoopid and dangerous...

antenna.jpg

Let us know what results you get with the antenna.. I've bought like 8 from ebay to test.. and the LHCP 16db I posted up seems to work the best.
Its a copy of some fancy $65 LHCP antenna.. I can;'t remember the brand.

*edit* heres a few of my antenna's I've tried...The LHCP is the one attached to RC controller. The GF seems to have moved the other 4 hmm....
Curious if the real thing/your one is any better??? Let us know how you go. I know you will be able to test it a lot better than I have.
There have been a few threads about this antenna you have and no one ever posts up the results.

BTW... Do you know what type of antenna the 2 on the phantom are.. LHCP.. directional.. etc etc... ?? Been trying to figure it out for months... No one wants to tell me hehe... I think I read some where they are LHCP.. but I would of thought the antennas would be curly.. So hmmm..

Hi, How Many feet horizontal you make with this cheap helical.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z