Antenna stick broke! :(

Reaction score
I've only had the Phantom 3 for about two weeks and one of my antenna broke. I have the dji hard case backpack. It's awesome. Packs everything tight. Though a problem is the spot for the antenna is really tight. I must have had the stick off just a little bit when closing it. Actually I didn't even close and zip it I just put the flap on top and put the bag in the corner

You can see by the photo that the plastic is very thin on the controller. Be careful everyone. If for sure my fault but that plastic is surprising thin. If you have this bag be aware as well.

I really don't want to send it in so I guess my options are tape or super glue. Ideas anyone?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444324505.157241.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444324519.873044.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444324531.782699.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444324590.832114.jpg

I wouldnt use super glue or tape, use two part epoxy. Even the 5 minute stuff you can get at your local hardware store is fine.

If you want to get fancy, you can order plast-aid. Mix it up, wait for it to go from liquid to the "putty" stage and then apply it, smooth it, sculpt it. I got some to reinforce my shell before it cracked and it works great. and should have it looking relatively like new.

Plast-aid® multi-purpose repair plastic for your repair solutions.

I've only had the Phantom 3 for about two weeks and one of my antenna broke. I have the dji hard case backpack. It's awesome. Packs everything tight. Though a problem is the spot for the antenna is really tight. I must have had the stick off just a little bit when closing it. Actually I didn't even close and zip it I just put the flap on top and put the bag in the corner

You can see by the photo that the plastic is very thin on the controller. Be careful everyone. If for sure my fault but that plastic is surprising thin. If you have this bag be aware as well.

I really don't want to send it in so I guess my options are tape or super glue. Ideas anyone?View attachment 33028View attachment 33029View attachment 33030View attachment 33031
Get rid of the the stock antennas and mod the RC with the itelite DBS antenna that will double your range.

Its crazy how thin the plastic is on the controller. A couple of people have even posted that the screw bosses holding their sticks have broken.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj