Antenna recommendations please!!

Reaction score
Hi all! I keep on reading about people going 3Km with solid video feed on monitor!!! I would be THRILLED with 0.5Km of solid video feed to my Lilliput monitor!

Ditched the internal receiver in Lilliput 664/W and hooked up DJI AVL58 RX to Lilliput. Signal coming off AVL58 RX on P2 with DJI cloverleaf antennas on both. I loose reception at about 20m and I am out in the boonies ...acres and acres of nothing around!!!

I actually get crappy signal on internal RX of Lilliput while the AVL58 has crapped out! For those with similar setup please help with recommendations. Thanks!

Since you have spent substantially more on your Lilliput than your VTx, I would buy an ImmersionRC 250mW VTx and any good helical or patch antenna. Getfpv.com has been very helpful for me.

Kelly

I have the Lilliput with the frequencies for the AVL58 ...will that monitor work with the ImmersionRC 250MW VTx? I do not mind spending more money ... I just want a solid video signal. Thanks!

See this post as well. Always good to check if your topic is already out there.
viewtopic.php?t=16266

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

everyone always has issues with AVL 58 and boscam.

I have the AVL 58. Boscam 5802. Manually tune.. don't scan. find best channel. i'm not sure about your tx but i know boscam doesn't necessarily play well with some other receivers. I know my 5802 doesn't match well with immersion.

That being said.. assuming you can tune properly. Check out FPVLR.com and chat with him about antenna selection. He's awesome. if you are in the states. If you want .. check out Horizon in UK.

My main issue right now is the dismal performance between the AVL58 Tx and Rx!! They should work together flawlessly! Is anyone having good performance with this combo? If so please let me know what antennas you are using. Thanks!

Bugatti said:
My main issue right now is the dismal performance between the AVL58 Tx and Rx!! They should work together flawlessly! Is anyone having good performance with this combo? If so please let me know what antennas you are using. Thanks!

I DO. I told you where to check. I'm getting 2 km+ regardless of orientation. I have Circular Wireless Helical on Rx. Tx using LHCP 5.8GHz Pinwheel from FPVLR.com

Thanks for your help d4ddyo .. but from your post you seem to be using your internal Rx of Boscam 5802. Do you think your antenna selection will give similar results with my AVL58 Rx. I will reach out to FPVLR.com. Thanks again!

Bugatti said:
Thanks for your help d4ddyo .. but from your post you seem to be using your internal Rx of Boscam 5802. Do you think your antenna selection will give similar results with my AVL58 Rx. I will reach out to FPVLR.com. Thanks again!

yes.

FPVLR said:
d4ddyo said:
Bugatti said:

I DO. I told you where to check. I'm getting 2 km+ regardless of orientation. I have Circular Wireless Helical on Rx. Tx using LHCP 5.8GHz Pinwheel from FPVLR.com

Hi , I think there must be a mixup a LHCP pinwheel cannot work with circular wireless helical which is RHCP...
do you have a photo of my pinwheel?

LOL. My bad!!! i cut and paste the wrong one. I meant RHCP 5.8 GHZ tx Pinwheel 90° SMA. You may want to use extended legs because this thing is LONG. good because it extends below the gimbal and regardless of orientation the gimbal doesn't get in the way of the transmission. OH I forgot. Make sure for the AVL58 you specify RP-sma for the connector.

Can you set the pinwheel antenna at about a 45 degree angle to the side so I do not have to get extended legs for P2?

Bugatti said:
Can you set the pinwheel antenna at about a 45 degree angle to the side so I do not have to get extended legs for P2?
You can do whatever you want lol. I would go straight back

I also see on FPVLR.com they have the white slightly shorter antenna ..which the claim to be same 1.7dbi. I might get that. I already ordered the Circular Wireless Helical! Thanks so much for all your help. I REALLY appreciate it!!

FPVLR said:
guys, little secret here:

at 5.8 ghz, long antennas ALWAY outperform short antennas of the same quality.

yeah... i would go down and angle it towards the back but get it as far below the gimbal as possible... just saying. I hate losing transmission when I'm flying home.

FPVLR said:
d4ddyo said:
Bugatti said:
@FPVLR - Just ordered the RHCP 5.8GHz Tx pinwheel 90 SMA. Thanks!
Now be patient. Everyone wants a fpvlr antenna. Lol

yes, I am locked at 11 to 12 days, I am trying not to publicize the antennas to slow down the orders a bit , but with little success they are still pouring in, if by any chance I get up to 14 days behind, I will have to stop the orders for a week or so, just to be able to catch up a little. I don't like to hold on to people's money for that long.

Well I just want my antennae when I order them... LOL. from now on i'm putting d4ddyo on all my fpvlr orders.

There is THAT much a wait? It said in stock on the web site ..so I assumed they were ready to ship ....
Also in the box that says Frequency ... are we meant to write something ... need mine for the DJI AVL58 Tx ... Order #342.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers