Antenna Positions.

Reaction score
So I searched maybe using the wrong parameters but ill post this anyway. So in the manual DJI has vertical +/- 30 degree spread, flat out antennas. Forward flying, antennas pointed 90 degrees from the ground. This makes you hold the controlled at about a 45 degree angle. which is not comfortable at all. On the 3DR Solo, the antennas can full circle. Their recommended position is 45 degrees from pointing down and up. this way, with the controller level +/- 15 degrees the antennas are broadcasting up and out. Even with it being a wifi controller I got amazing range and video quality. I always find myself writing the controller of the phantom back to level with the ground and diminishing signal.

So the point of all of that..... Has anyone opened the controller and checked the locking position and moved the antennas so you can rotate them around? I just wanted foresight before I cracked open the controller LOL.

I attached 3DR's positioning image for better understanding of what I mean.

Attachments

• Screen Capture 2016-11-24 at 8.50.19 AM.PNG
    Screen Capture 2016-11-24 at 8.50.19 AM.PNG
    56.1 KB · Views: 471
The flat side of the antennas should always point toward your Phantom for the best possible signal. The angle from the ground does not matter. Check out the following video for more details:

Reactions: Sparky1963
The flat side of the antennas should always point toward your Phantom for the best possible signal. The angle from the ground does not matter. Check out the following video for more details:

I understand that.... I have watched that video actually which is why the question was raised. In the manuals as well it shows the same thing, controller at 45 degrees antennas up. but unless its in front of your face your viewing device will stop them from being in that position, as seen in the attached manual image. It just seems they would be better positioned if you could drop them down and around.

Attachments

• Screen Capture 2016-11-24 at 9.00.57 AM.PNG
    Screen Capture 2016-11-24 at 9.00.57 AM.PNG
    62.9 KB · Views: 672
If you have the remote controller holder tilted at about a 45 degree angle (or more), you can almost hold the remote controller parallel to the ground and still have the antennas in the proper position. I never hold my remote controller at a 45 degree angle. That would be quite uncomfortable.

Reactions: Sparky1963

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav