Antenna position assignment on gimbal base?

Reaction score
Looking for a little help here...
Finishing up replacing the shell on a phantom 3 pro, but can't seem to find where the 4 antenna connections are supposed to go?
IE, I want to make sure that antennas 1, 2, 3, and 4 are on the right spots on the board.

I found a bunch of discussions about how to position the antennas on the controller, but can't seem to find anything on this topic?

Not that it will help you now, but this is why I always take a few pics of all wiring connections and orientation before I take stuff apart.

Given that the bird should perform the same no matter it's orientation to the remote, I don't think it will matter too much which wire goes down which leg.

Not that it will help you now, but this is why I always take a few pics of all wiring connections and orientation before I take stuff apart.
I normally do to, unfortunately you can't even see under the plastic lid until you remove the antenna connections due to the short length of cable.

To your second comment, is the drone only using one of four antennas at a time? I was thinking it might not matter how they are connected as well. I don't want to finish putting it back together and find out I am wrong however...

Unfortunately when I did this repair, i did not watch a video, thus removed more than I needed to. All of the videos I have been able to find, including this one, do not remove the white cover, or the antennas for that matter...
There is a page I send people when they ask about removing the VPS board. It has some pictures of the two boards (VPS, Lightbridge) taken apart. Just scroll down about 3/4 of the way. Maybe it will be of some use. Good luck sir.
Dji Phantom 3: Torn Down Before Taking Off! First Ever Phantom 3 Live Anatomy! - MakeTheOne

Reactions: Markjames
I'm pretty certain it uses all four all the time. But, given that they are only 6" apart, and they work regardless of which side of the aircraft is facing you, I very much doubt that it matters which leg of the landing gear each one is in.

Reactions: Markjames
There is a page I send people when they ask about removing the VPS board. It has some pictures of the two boards (VPS, Lightbridge) taken apart. Just scroll down about 3/4 of the way. Maybe it will be of some use. Good luck sir.
Dji Phantom 3: Torn Down Before Taking Off! First Ever Phantom 3 Live Anatomy! - MakeTheOne
This is so so close to showing what I am looking for, and certainly the most promising yet. At this point I think Im just going to guess at the orientation and hope for the best. Thanks for the efforts!

Reactions: Oso
I'm pretty certain it uses all four all the time. But, given that they are only 6" apart, and they work regardless of which side of the aircraft is facing you, I very much doubt that it matters which leg of the landing gear each one is in.
Antennas sequencing does matter. Have you noticed during long range flying that signal is weakened or lost for a fraction of a second when you turn to return back. That's why I feel video and communication wires should be sequenced one after another.

Only problem is I don't know if (1 and 2) or (1 and 3) or (1 and 4) are one group of wires.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers