Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Antenna position assignment on gimbal base?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Markjames, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Markjames

Looking for a little help here...
    Finishing up replacing the shell on a phantom 3 pro, but can't seem to find where the 4 antenna connections are supposed to go?
    IE, I want to make sure that antennas 1, 2, 3, and 4 are on the right spots on the board.

I found a bunch of discussions about how to position the antennas on the controller, but can't seem to find anything on this topic?

2. Oso

Oso

3. mikesmiley

Not that it will help you now, but this is why I always take a few pics of all wiring connections and orientation before I take stuff apart.

4. mikesmiley

Given that the bird should perform the same no matter it's orientation to the remote, I don't think it will matter too much which wire goes down which leg.

5. Markjames

6. Markjames

I normally do to, unfortunately you can't even see under the plastic lid until you remove the antenna connections due to the short length of cable.

To your second comment, is the drone only using one of four antennas at a time? I was thinking it might not matter how they are connected as well. I don't want to finish putting it back together and find out I am wrong however...

7. Oso

Oso

There is a page I send people when they ask about removing the VPS board. It has some pictures of the two boards (VPS, Lightbridge) taken apart. Just scroll down about 3/4 of the way. Maybe it will be of some use. Good luck sir.
    Dji Phantom 3: Torn Down Before Taking Off! First Ever Phantom 3 Live Anatomy! - MakeTheOne

Markjames likes this.
  8. mikesmiley

I'm pretty certain it uses all four all the time. But, given that they are only 6" apart, and they work regardless of which side of the aircraft is facing you, I very much doubt that it matters which leg of the landing gear each one is in.

Markjames likes this.
  9. Markjames

This is so so close to showing what I am looking for, and certainly the most promising yet. At this point I think Im just going to guess at the orientation and hope for the best. Thanks for the efforts!

Oso likes this.
  10. alokbhargava

Antennas sequencing does matter. Have you noticed during long range flying that signal is weakened or lost for a fraction of a second when you turn to return back. That's why I feel video and communication wires should be sequenced one after another.

Only problem is I don't know if (1 and 2) or (1 and 3) or (1 and 4) are one group of wires.

#10 alokbhargava, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016