Antenna Options

I came across this place from on up the discussion www.fdrdronemods.com The have no folding antennas however they have a large selection to choose from. That being said, I have not been able to get through their checkout. I have tried from several computers and using Chrome and Explorer and still it gives me a shipping error. Waiting to hear back from them via email, the have no number to call.

My stock antennas are still on my RC, I was wondering is you could splice those two cables onto the BDS mods cables inside the RC and use the stock antennas without the DBS attached. My concern would be what would happen when you attached the DBS mods tp the RC. Would it fry the board?

I would rather have foldable antennas that would screw to the DBS terminals and I could leave the on all the time, anyone know where to find compatable antennas like this?

Reactions: John Locke
My stock antennas are still on my RC, I was wondering is you could splice those two cables onto the BDS mods cables inside the RC and use the stock antennas without the DBS attached. My concern would be what would happen when you attached the DBS mods tp the RC. Would it fry the board?

Yes I had this same thought, however I would like to see an A/B switch option from FPVLR with the kit. That way you still have use of the factory antennas or switch over to the long range when hooked up. Better yet a momentary switch that keeps the signal always going to the factory antennas then when you have the long range hooked up you hit the momentary switching over to the long range then when powering off controller it reverts back to the factory antennas that way you never accidentally fire it up without an antenna hooked up.

I came across this place from on up the discussion www.fdrdronemods.com The have no folding antennas however they have a large selection to choose from. That being said, I have not been able to get through their checkout. I have tried from several computers and using Chrome and Explorer and still it gives me a shipping error. Waiting to hear back from them via email, the have no number to call.
Actually they do have folding antennas. I particularly like the 6" version that should fold and fit into my backpack, but it says they're out of stock. Then they have a bunch of longer ones for long distance. Man, just think if you had a pair of the 18" antennas mated with a pair of 18" long windsurfer parabolic range extenders! That might be interesting.

See the short and long folding antennas here.

6 inch folding screw on antenna, 6DB gain

Last edited:
I have also tried, "no shipping method", they must not be in business.

do we know the exact specs we need folding antenna, I don't want to buy something that will fry my RC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20