Antenna on a pole?

Reaction score
So has anyone put a long range antenna on a pole? I launch from the back yard, live rural, have some property to inspect/ security about a mile away and there are trees that reduce transmission that being higher would improve. I have an antenna mast on top of the house I could use that is pretty high. I don't know if any of the various Long Range systems are weather resistant, and what might be the signal loss from a longer coax run and of course one might include a signal booster.

So has anyone put a long range antenna on a pole? I launch from the back yard, live rural, have some property to inspect/ security about a mile away and there are trees that reduce transmission that being higher would improve. I have an antenna mast on top of the house I could use that is pretty high. I don't know if any of the various Long Range systems are weather resistant, and what might be the signal loss from a longer coax run and of course one might include a signal booster.
Just set up a "way-point" flight with the appropriate "points" and "altitudes", then, let 'er rip. Make sure the battery is good.

Is such an app available yet? And one part of the place I want to go is right on the 5 mile perimeter of an airport, but outside of the no fly zone. I've seen the DJI app that I thought was still beta wouldn't allow a waypoint at all in the 5 mile range.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1