Antenna Mounting Kit (FPVLR compatible)

juangelb said:
Hi Sidebox,

Any chances for delivering to Brazil ?

Best regards : Juan

Hello Juan,

Brazilian shipping is now available.

Thank you!

sidebox - both my 2.4 wifi copter antennas are straight with the connector (no 90 degree turn). Can you use your adapter to mount a straight connector so that the antenna is horizontal?

srandall25 said:
sidebox - both my 2.4 wifi copter antennas are straight with the connector (no 90 degree turn). Can you use your adapter to mount a straight connector so that the antenna is horizontal?

Sorry to say that the mount will not allow you to make a straight antenna 90 degrees. I will be stocking these shortly, and hopefully for a better price... but you will want to get one of these guys: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CVQ ... C5AB6J60IH

sidebox, thanks for that. I assume that the added connector will not affect the signal strength in anyway? Also, ideally I would like to position these 2.4 pinwheels so that they do not protrude too much outside the square 'leg box' as I have a case (cut foam) this needs to fit into. I really don't want to be removing antennas. So my question is, using your adapter kit, can I mount one antenna protruding from front to rear on right side of copter (horizontal), and the other antenna point straight down from one of the legs on the left side of copter... and still meet the 'two antennas at 90 degree angle to each other' requirement??? That was difficult to describe.. I hope it was clear enough.

srandall25 said:
sidebox, thanks for that. I assume that the added connector will not affect the signal strength in anyway? Also, ideally I would like to position these 2.4 pinwheels so that they do not protrude too much outside the square 'leg box' as I have a case (cut foam) this needs to fit into. I really don't want to be removing antennas. So my question is, using your adapter kit, can I mount one antenna protruding from front to rear on right side of copter (horizontal), and the other antenna point straight down from one of the legs on the left side of copter... and still meet the 'two antennas at 90 degree angle to each other' requirement??? That was difficult to describe.. I hope it was clear enough.

Signal strength will not be affected. This method might not work, as the camera and gimbal will probably be in the way. I also have cut foam case. With the way the antennas attach to the cables, you can easily unscrew the antennas for storage and screw them on in a couple of seconds once you are ready to fly. That is how I travel with them. See attached image for how it will look when the antennas are being stored and when they are attached. It actually looks like you might be able to get away with having the 90 degree behind the gimbal, on second thought. Still, I would unscrew for safe traveling.

Attachments

• EWG_6642.jpg
    EWG_6642.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 404
  • EWG_6638.jpg
    EWG_6638.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 375
So i'm thinking of basically using a second adapter for the front right side for the 90 degree horizontal pinwheel... I'm thinking the pinwheel should clear the line of sight of the gimbal camera easily.. don't you think? Does your kit come with two adapter plates? or must you use two antennas off the same plate as you've shown in your picture?

srandall25 said:
So i'm thinking of basically using a second adapter for the front right side for the 90 degree horizontal pinwheel... I'm thinking the pinwheel should clear the line of sight of the gimbal camera easily.. don't you think? Does your kit come with two adapter plates? or must you use two antennas off the same plate as you've shown in your picture?

The kit comes with two spacers and two adapters that hold two antennas each. If you request it in the comments, I will include an additional adapter, which would technically allow you to affix 6 antennas, or obviously space the antennas amongst 3 different landing legs. I do think it will clear the line of site as well.

Just placed my order! I ordered that 90 degree adapter from Amazon too... Thanks!! I'll be sure to post some pics of my setup once complete...

srandall25 said:
Just placed my order! I ordered that 90 degree adapter from Amazon too... Thanks!! I'll be sure to post some pics of my setup once complete...

Great! I look forward to seeing what kind of range you'll be getting, once it is all said and done.

sidebox said:
Sorry to say that the mount will not allow you to make a straight antenna 90 degrees. I will be stocking these shortly, and hopefully for a better price... but you will want to get one of these guys: http://www.amazon.com/CablesOnline-Reve ... +90+degree

Sidebox - Tony said that 90 degree adapter you linked to above will not work, and that what I need is a rp-sma male to rp-sma female... I just looked it up on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CVQ ... C5AB6J60IH. It appears it's less than half the cost as well...

srandall25 said:
sidebox said:
Sorry to say that the mount will not allow you to make a straight antenna 90 degrees. I will be stocking these shortly, and hopefully for a better price... but you will want to get one of these guys: http://www.amazon.com/CablesOnline-Reve ... +90+degree

Sidebox - Tony said that 90 degree adapter you linked to above will not work, and that what I need is a rp-sma male to rp-sma female... I just looked it up on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CVQ ... C5AB6J60IH. It appears it's less than half the cost as well...

Oh no. I did send you the wrong link, now that I've clicked through again. I'm very sorry about that. I hope you were able to cancel that amazon order. I will edit the info so no one else goes down the wrong path.

sidebox said:
srandall25 said:
sidebox said:

Oh no. I did send you the wrong link, now that I've clicked through again. I'm very sorry about that. I hope you were able to cancel that amazon order. I will edit the info so no one else goes down the wrong path.
Ya, i cancelled it just in time! :) No worries. Look forward to your adapter plates. I do like the clean look it provides!

I needed mine ASAP, and they got them out to me in 3 days. They are a truly a work of art. Anyone interested in puttting antennas on the quad, and maintaining factory look, should consider ordering these.

Sidebox do you have those adapters In stock now? I rather buy it from you along with the plates in one sweep from one source. I'm lazy to shop around

tmc6663 said:
I needed mine ASAP, and they got them out to me in 3 days. They are a truly a work of art. Anyone interested in puttting antennas on the quad, and maintaining factory look, should consider ordering these.

They'll be stocked and available for ordering by tomorrow. I'll let you know as soon as they are up.

tmc6663 said:

Thanks! I am happy to hear that these arrived in the timeframe that you needed them!

Did Tony ever start stocking these? Planning on adding antennas to the bird and this is the best setup I have seen.

rrmccabe said:
Did Tony ever start stocking these? Planning on adding antennas to the bird and this is the best setup I have seen.

I know he is very busy, so it may take some time. He has received a test batch, so we'll see what he decides to do.

OK, well I will have to order them one way or another when the time comes but just easier to get them at one spot. Hope he plans on keeping them around. Honestly seems like he would start including them with the "kits".

You did a nice job on this !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31