Antenna mods rc and wifi extender

itchybeard said:
saao said:
i have already bought i 2800 may 11.1 volt lipo for the 5.8 amp so i think i could use both of them in one lipo?

Errr .... I would not do that if I were you. Have a look at your link. It says the Operation Voltage of that amp is DC 5V 1A, not 11.1 volts.
Are u talking about the 5.8 from horizon or the 2.4 ghz link i sent u cause on the 5.8 it says 3s 11.1 v

saao said:
Are u talking about the 5.8 from horizon or the 2.4 ghz link i sent u cause on the 5.8 it says 3s 11.1 v

I'm talking about the 2.4Ghz amp in the link you sent me. You can't use an 11.1 volt battery to run that, so you won't be able to run both amps from the same battery. The 2.4Ghz amp in your link is a 5volt 1amp amplifier and you'll need a 5v 1a power source to run it.

Something like this portable phone charger would work ....

It's a 6000mah power pack. It outputs 5v 1a. it's very small and it weighs nothing.

Attachments

• phone charger.jpg
    phone charger.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 371
itchybeard said:
saao said:

I'm talking about the 2.4Ghz amp in the link you sent me. You can't use an 11.1 volt battery to run that, so you won't be able to run both amps from the same battery. The 2.4Ghz amp in your link is a 5volt 1amp amplifier and you'll need a 5v 1a power source to run it.

It's a 6000mah power pack. It outputs 5v 1a. it's very small and it weighs nothing.
I have one of those but how am i going to attach another amp and a battery pack man the rc is already so heavy lol. Did u do any more test flights whats happening at ur end bro. Btw thanks a lot for being help full

saao said:
I have one of those but how am i going to attach another amp and a battery pack man the rc is already so heavy lol. Did u do any more test flights whats happening at ur end bro. Btw thanks a lot for being help full

You're welcome.

I have grounded my bird for now. The weather here has been wet and miserable. Also, I am having some high-quality, custom RF cables made by Cablelynx in Northampton for my pilot-end mod, and Will is making me some special, light-weight, skew-planar antennas for my Phantom (I'm going to do the aircraft side mod when I get them). I'll let you know how it goes, eh?

itchybeard said:
saao said:

You're welcome.

I have grounded my bird for now. The weather here has been wet and miserable. Also, I am having some high-quality, custom RF cables made by Cablelynx in Northampton for my pilot-end mod, and Will is making me some special, light-weight, skew-planar antennas for my Phantom (I'm going to do the aircraft side mod when I get them). I'll let you know how it goes, eh?
Good luck bro i have ordered the 2 5.8 ghz antennas for the bird i have them with me havent modified the bird as i want the fov to resolve cause longer rc range without fpv is no point. I bought the utility app do u no what to do with the excel file what dashware should i download can u help me with that bro?

saao said:
itchybeard said:
saao said:

All you need is one of these....I run 2 6v and a 12v amp from one battery pack with this step down unit soldered in line to the 6v units...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbywing-3A-UB ... 4897.l4275

itchybeard said:
saao said:

You're welcome.

The utility app worked well at 18 dbm both wifi and camera i flew 4500 feet with fpv then it disconnected. I think ill have to buy a 2.4 ghz amp as well.

saao said:
The utility app worked well at 18 dbm both wifi and camera i flew 4500 feet with fpv then it disconnected. I think ill have to buy a 2.4 ghz amp as well.

4500 feet, eh? That's more like it. LOL. Not bad, not bad at all, I bet you're very pleased with that :D

With a 2.4Ghz amp you'll be getting out over a mile, no problem, but don't forget to use the app to turn down the output of the Range Extender a bit so you don't flood the new amp.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

mede8er said:
All you need is one of these....I run 2 6v and a 12v amp from one battery pack with this step down unit soldered in line to the 6v units...

Mmmmm, using a step down unit to supply two different voltages from one battery is a good idea, Mede8er, I should have thought of that. I have been toying with the idea of using this step down unit to supply two 12v Sunhans amps from one 22v lipo on my RC controller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Power-Dual ... 1075949903

itchybeard said:
saao said:

4500 feet, eh? That's more like it. LOL. Not bad, not bad at all, I bet you're very pleased with that :D

With a 2.4Ghz amp you'll be getting out over a mile, no problem, but don't forget to use the app to turn down the output of the Range Extender a bit so you don't flood the new amp.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

mede8er said:

Mmmmm, using a step down unit to supply two different voltages from one battery is a good idea, Mede8er, I should have thought of that. I have been toying with the idea of using this step down unit to supply two 12v Sunhans amps from one 22v lipo on my RC controller.

well i am pleased but not a lot i want this machine to go above the 15000 feet range i mean what should i do i feel like i have done enough for the rc need more for the fpv advise?

itchybeard said:
saao said:

mede8er said:

hey bro i am a little confused all the 2.4 amps i se have r sma or sma connectors i believe in our extreme kit he has used rpsma ?

saao said:
well i am pleased but not a lot i want this machine to go above the 15000 feet range i mean what should i do i feel like i have done enough for the rc need more for the fpv advise?

Use better cabling (I am having some made at the moment) and put some decent antennas on the bird, Saao.

Will is building me some aircraft antennas right now. The DJI aircraft antennas are a bit "Mickey Mouse", if you know what I mean, LOL. If you put some light-weight circular-polarised antennas on your Phantom and amps on your RC controller and made-to-measure cabling it will fly a lot further, probably about 4.5 kilometres (close to 15000 feet).

saao said:
hey bro i am a little confused all the 2.4 amps i se have r sma or sma connectors i believe in our extreme kit he has used rpsma ?

Hahahaha, don't get confused about the connectors on the amp, Saao. They are connected using semi-rigid cables, remember? So all you need are cables with sma connectors at one end and rp-sma connectors at the other end to make it work. Job done.

itchybeard said:
saao said:

Use better cabling (I am having some made at the moment) and put some decent antennas on the bird, Saao.

Will is building me some aircraft antennas right now. The DJI aircraft antennas are a bit "Mickey Mouse", if you know what I mean, LOL. If you put some light-weight circular-polarised antennas on your Phantom and amps on your RC controller and made-to-measure cabling it will fly a lot further, probably about 4.5 kilometres (close to 15000 feet).

saao said:

Hahahaha, don't get confused about the connectors on the amp, Saao. They are connected using semi-rigid cables, remember? So all you need are cables with sma connectors at one end and rp-sma connectors at the other end to make it work. Job done.

oh i c but i was a little disappointed as he said the 2.4 ghz antna is tested for 11 km i mean if that so then why is it not svn going more then 1 km so if i but a 2.4 amp with the existing cables he has provided me it will work?

saao said:
oh i c but i was a little disappointed as he said the 2.4 ghz antna is tested for 11 km i mean if that so then why is it not svn going more then 1 km so if i but a 2.4 amp with the existing cables he has provided me it will work?

He may have tested it for 11km, but he didn't say how much RF power he was using did he? I bet it was more than the 63 milliwatts that you have been using, eh? :lol:

Also, If Will supplies you with an amp then he will supply cabling to make it work. If you buy an amp somewhere else then you will need to get Will (or somebody else) to make the correct cables for you, geddit?

itchybeard said:
saao said:

He may have tested it for 11km, but he didn't say how much RF power he was using did he? I bet it was more than the 63 milliwatts that you have been using, eh? :lol:

Also, If Will supplies you with an amp then he will supply cabling to make it work. If you buy an amp somewhere else then you will need to get Will (or somebody else) to make the correct cables for you, geddit?

actually bro i don't live in uk i am in pakistan shipping is a big issue and costs a lot with the kit i asked my cousin to bring it as she was visiting me here now if i place the order with him it will cost me a lot of shipping.

saao said:
actually bro i don't live in uk i am in pakistan shipping is a big issue and costs a lot with the kit i asked my cousin to bring it as she was visiting me here now if i place the order with him it will cost me a lot of shipping.

I bet you can get good RF cables made in Pakistan if you look around. There must be a few radio experts out there. Do some legwork and find one, Bro.

itchybeard said:
saao said:

I bet you can get good RF cables made in Pakistan if you look around. There must be a few radio experts out there. Do some legwork and find one, Bro.

true that but here most of the people are aware of ska rpsma is something they have a question mark? what is rsma? this amp says connector rsma
http://amdpk.com/?page_id=58

saao said:
itchy beard said:
Rsma and rp-sma are the same thing.

so this means i could by this amp it will be useful to me?

Yes, it looks like you can use the cable that comes with the amp to connect it to your range extender (presuming it's rsma at both ends) but you'll still need another cable to connect the output from the amp to the antenna, innit?

Something like this ....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SODIAL-RP-SMA-P ... p-sma+plug

itchybeard said:
saao said:
itchy beard said:
Rsma and rp-sma are the same thing.

so this means i could by this amp it will be useful to me?

Yes, it looks like you can use the cable that comes with the amp to connect it to your range extender (presuming it's rsma at both ends) but you'll still need another cable to connect the output from the amp to the antenna, innit?

Something like this ....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SODIAL-RP-SMA-P ... p-sma+plug
thanks a lot bro ill discuss with will and c what he haste say!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic