antenna location

Reaction score
I am in the workshop as we speak fitting the horizonfpv super =M PLUS KIT.
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... 4-and-5-8/
Just about to attemt the phantom arial upgrade by splicing and soldering the wires.
I have 2 sp anntenas to fit on the body legs. 5.8 and the 2.4. diferent sizes. on the phantom as it is origionaly two aials run down oposite corner legs. looking from the front into the camera lens. 1 arial front left and one arial back right.
does any one know which is the 2.4 and the 5. 8 they look the same? and i have two diferent size airials to fit. whichw- way around?

Cheers

Dangermouse

Both external antennas are 5.8GHz. The 2.4 antennas are actually inside the camera body...( Over on the Horizon thread Will has posted some pictures of how he did the camera installation.)

If you pick a mounting location such that your 5.8 antenna can't be blocked by the camera whichever way you point the aircraft (in relation to your control position) then it doesn't matter which of the cables you choose to splice into as the antenna will always have line of sight to the transmitter.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
finnaly figured it out, the camera antenna patch cable was realy easy left a loop in the cable to allow for flex on camera movement. may at some point have to take the cable through the middle of the gimble mount to reduce cable flex. Over time i suspect th cable will work harden a crack. Thanks for the pointer though. Also used your video for the wifi range extender upgrade that proved a usefull tool.
Cheers
Dangermouse

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20