Antenna lobe came off...

Reaction score
Today after a non eventful flight I was taking the props out of my phantom when I noticed something strange on one of the 5.8 GHz antennas. One of the lobes was just hanging. The minute I touched it, it came off. I wonder if this will affect my control signal in a way I will not be able to fly as usual?. Today I contacted Tony to let him check otherwise I will just purchase one, or the pair.

Cheers,

Charlie

Attachments

• IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1363.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 367
Thanks! I just ordered a new one. Nevertheless, take into consideration that there are 2 5.8 GHz antennas on the bird and thus, it may not be as critical as I think. Cheers, Charlie

You should be able to solder it back together....I have one of Tony's kits for the TX....the 5G8 helical broke, (my fault, I closed a case on it), I just soldered the wires back together and it works like it always did...

I soldered the antenna lobe back this morning. Only had to peel some of the cover to be able to apply the 2 points.

Cheers,

Charlie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 337
Question. What's the performance difference adding these guys? Give me a some info or pass along a link?

Hi tritontr21,

There are many discussions about these around in the forum. I can just tell you that there is a rather significant difference between these and the stock antennas. Multiply it by at least one order of magnitude to get your new range.

Cheers,

Charlie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers