Antenna boosters

Reaction score
I'm having a lot of trouble flying around the river here in Perth WA ....can only go around 500m and transmission drops out...just wondering if an antenna mod would help? Can someone, who has moded their p4 help????

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

First line of attack, (The cheaper one) are the "ears" :
They gave about 40% increase. Will vary depending on environment.
46361dbdc9a78e2f5bf5a0190235ca7b.jpg

I own these.. While I thought it was all hype they do actually work. I have all 3 styles of them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just ordered a set hope they really work. Haven't heard anyone say they don't.

They work good for me also. $10 is worth it. They do however defect most of the envelope forward. So just try to face the bird direction. Peace.

Michael - I use one of these to fly across the canning river from the salter point side

I'm having a lot of trouble flying around the river here in Perth WA ....can only go around 500m and transmission drops out...just wondering if an antenna mod would help? Can someone, who has moded their p4 help????

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I also fly around the Swan and my stock p4p easily gets 4+K's from UWA boatshed area to Canning bridge but only about 3+k's from JoJo's west. I have however just bought a 4Hawks Raptor XR from MAXX UAV but am yet to install it. Depending on the conditions and battery capacity, upto 8k's each way should be doable - I hope!

I also fly around the Swan and my stock p4p easily gets 4+K's from UWA boatshed area to Canning bridge but only about 3+k's from JoJo's west. I have however just bought a 4Hawks Raptor XR from MAXX UAV but am yet to install it. Depending on the conditions and battery capacity, upto 8k's each way should be doable - I hope!

Hey TD, I've had the XR setup on the P4 since June and also live in Perth if you want to compare notes!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4