Antenna and power mod advice.

Reaction score
Afternoon all.I know there are a lot of threads on this but was hoping for your help on my specific needs.
Im going to get an antenna and battery upgrade for my P3P very soon but Im a bit lost on it all.Ive spoke to the lads at Horizon fpv antennas but to be honest they've lost me a bit and I don't want to become a pain with them having to explain every little detail.They did advise me to go the tripod route but that is well over the top for what I want.I just want a setup that is lightweight and doesn't look like Ive got a massive panel stuck to the rc but is still going to get me a really good distance so I was thinking of the Horizon ITelite antenna but now Im reading that if your in a built up area getting a boosted kit instead of an antenna only kit is a lot better to get through trees etc, what is a boosted kit though?
I then see an option to get rf amps for extra distance,then rf amp protectors.Im totally lost.
I have a windsurfer that has improved my range a lot but I want more :D
Now for the power mod.I was going to go for the Phantom 3 power mod V3 but now Ive seen the Phantom 3 power mod V3.6 but I can't see what the difference is between the two and as the price is £10 dearer on the V3 Im assuming that would be better? but then why is the V3.6 cheaper when its the later version? Under that power mod Im also seeing the option to "add module" and "add 5200ah external", what the hell are they? Im lost and it doesn't exactly explain things great for beginners.Im obviously going to send all my gear in to them to be fitted as I wouldn't want to risk doing it myself.Also does getting the power mod mean that every time I get a new battery I would have to convert that battery so it works with the power mod?
Here are the links to the setup I was thinking of.Can you just confirm that the setup is good for what I want and they would go good together.
Horizon ITelite Panel antenna P3/ P4, Adv & Pro and Inspire
Phantom 3 Power Mod V3.6
Any pics of your similar set ups would be great.

Thanks guys I know thats a lot of questions.

Afternoon all.I know there are a lot of threads on this but was hoping for your help on my specific needs.
Im going to get an antenna and battery upgrade for my P3P very soon but Im a bit lost on it all.Ive spoke to the lads at Horizon fpv antennas but to be honest they've lost me a bit and I don't want to become a pain with them having to explain every little detail.They did advise me to go the tripod route but that is well over the top for what I want.I just want a setup that is lightweight and doesn't look like Ive got a massive panel stuck to the rc but is still going to get me a really good distance so I was thinking of the Horizon ITelite antenna but now Im reading that if your in a built up area getting a boosted kit instead of an antenna only kit is a lot better to get through trees etc, what is a boosted kit though?
I then see an option to get rf amps for extra distance,then rf amp protectors.Im totally lost.
I have a windsurfer that has improved my range a lot but I want more :D
Now for the power mod.I was going to go for the Phantom 3 power mod V3 but now Ive seen the Phantom 3 power mod V3.6 but I can't see what the difference is between the two and as the price is £10 dearer on the V3 Im assuming that would be better? but then why is the V3.6 cheaper when its the later version? Under that power mod Im also seeing the option to "add module" and "add 5200ah external", what the hell are they? Im lost and it doesn't exactly explain things great for beginners.Im obviously going to send all my gear in to them to be fitted as I wouldn't want to risk doing it myself.Also does getting the power mod mean that every time I get a new battery I would have to convert that battery so it works with the power mod?
Here are the links to the setup I was thinking of.Can you just confirm that the setup is good for what I want and they would go good together.
Horizon ITelite Panel antenna P3/ P4, Adv & Pro and Inspire
Phantom 3 Power Mod V3.6
Any pics of your similar set ups would be great.

Thanks guys I know thats a lot of questions.

In My opinion When you go to the panels type antenna you need a very study hand for direction. With the panels your will been flying almost a straight line so you are in the signal of the antenna. That is why Horizon is saying a tripod setup. The smaller panel antenna's you can move around but to keep in control you need to be lined up with the drone. So if your thinking of flying around at a few miles it may not work (straight line). With the wind surfer I've been able to to get great distance in both my P2v+ (2.25 miles) & my P3a 3.4 miles). this is also straight line flying. any time at that distance any movement with the controller you can loss signal. I do live in a next to prefect ara for flying flat ground very little vegetation. no trees or building out to 4 miles.
here is a link to my P2v+ setup.

Having to much fun with my P2V+
you can also look at
This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

I need some advice as well. I want to get good signal through trees as well as a little extra distance but don't want to aim my remote in the direction of the drone. Is this possible? Also, I want the antenna to fit into a storage case. It doesn't have a foam cut out for the shape of the default remote. It is just a square open area approximately the size of a remote but maybe a little larger.

I need some advice as well. I want to get good signal through trees as well as a little extra distance but don't want to aim my remote in the direction of the drone. Is this possible? Also, I want the antenna to fit into a storage case. It doesn't have a foam cut out for the shape of the default remote. It is just a square open area approximately the size of a remote but maybe a little larger.
Have you tried a wind surfer yet? To get though trees you need more signal strength with out aiming your not going to get your best distance. There is allot of different ways to get the distance. All are going to involved aiming the antenna. Start with the wind surfer it's the cheaps and go from there. Antenna mod's, amp's,

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4