Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

antenas upgrade question on p3 4k

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Fvillar, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Fvillar

Hello to all and thanks for your help

So here is the deal i want to upvrade the antenas on my p3 4k

The diference with the other p3 is that the 4k has 3 antenas one internal and two external i think so the question one antena is for control other is for the video and the 3th antenas is to conect the tablet or the phone right??

So if i want to upgrade the video and the control i onky need to upgrade 2 antenas so what antenas to upgrade the two antes that are outside of the controler or i need to upgrade the 3 antenas

2. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum .
    No the 2 antennas inside the TX are 2.4 and are for video and the other is your 5.8 which controls your Drone .
    It's the same as the standard as far as the antennas but the 4K has more range .
    You would do an antenna upgrade the same .

3. marrerotamara

I also am looking into trying to get more range out of my P3 4K. I have flown it around 8-9 flights and sometimes I start getting zebra lines on my live feed on my iPhone 6. Is the only way to fix this to upgrade he antenna?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

4. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't fly with a phone and have never seen those lines you speak of and have read others seeing them .
    With out seeing a screen shot of what you are seeing I really couldn't tell you .
    I ether have a clear screen or no screen . Might see some prop shadows if flying towards the sun but that's it .
    Not much of a answer but all I got . sorry
    Doing an upgrade to your antennas will help a lot of issues but just not sure about the lines .